Laptop warranty

Options
Unsure if this is the right place for this query, anyway, after going through two laptops in two years, (they both died after the standard one year guarantee) who is the best manufacturer/shop/site to buy a laptop from with a three year warranty (or more) as standard and not costing any extra? Evesham seem the best so far with 3 years warranty (2 years in home & 3rd year RTB)

Comments

• alexuk_4
    Options
    Not sure, i think if u buy from John Lewis they give u 1 automically additional years cover. So 2 years in total.
  • rusteh
    Options
    I know you didn't want to pay anything extra for a warranty, but i think Acer should be on your list for consideration.

Bought my Acer laptop last year after a lot of research and not only found them to be amongst the best at the time in terms of price/performance, they also do a warranty upgrade from the standard 1yr RTB warranty, to 3yrs Onsite for £99, which i thought was good VFM, especially considering that this includes accidental damage aswell!!

The only minor drawback, is that if you were to break the screen (as opposed to it failing) then there is a fixed charge of 100 euros to go towards the screen replacement, but if you can imagine how much laptop TFT's cost to replace, this is understandable.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • shoe_addict
    Options
    I got mine from PC world, and as it was ex display they gave me two years warranty including accidental damage completely free, and they had reduced the price of the laptop. It might be worth finding out if the PC world near you does anything like that.
    thanks to everyone one on here for being so friendly and helpfull
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport