Home clearance/selling antique furniture, Swansea

in Wales
2 replies 3.1K views
We are in the process of clearing my dad's house in order to rent it out, as he's had to mvoe into a nursing home due to failing health. He has quite a lot of very good quality furniture, all in immaculate condition (my mum was incredibly houseproud), none of which we have room for :( There's a gorgeous polished dark wood sideboard, a wooden bookcase with stained glass doors, wardrobes, dressing tables, chests of drawers etc. We've spoken to some house clearance firms but they all seem to want us to pay them to take it away. Can anyone recommend anyone who might be interested in buying it? Ideally we'd like it all to be taken in one go because we don't actually live in Swansea any more and we need to get tenants in as soon as possible.

Ann

Replies

• Hi There,

I am currently moving in to a new property and have next to no furniture so would be happy to make you an offer on the lot. Would I be able to view it or could you email photos?

Thanks

Jacqui
  • Ann_W wrote: »
    We are in the process of clearing my dad's house in order to rent it out, as he's had to mvoe into a nursing home due to failing health. He has quite a lot of very good quality furniture, all in immaculate condition (my mum was incredibly houseproud), none of which we have room for :( There's a gorgeous polished dark wood sideboard, a wooden bookcase with stained glass doors, wardrobes, dressing tables, chests of drawers etc. We've spoken to some house clearance firms but they all seem to want us to pay them to take it away. Can anyone recommend anyone who might be interested in buying it? Ideally we'd like it all to be taken in one go because we don't actually live in Swansea any more and we need to get tenants in as soon as possible.

Ann

The problem is even though it might be in very good condition... there is a ltd market for 'dark' furniture, you could either put it into a local auction, but then they will only take certain types of furniture or you bit the bullet and pay for the house clearance people to clear the house for you.

The cost that they charging is to also clear out all the house, basically good and bad...and might encur a landfil tax/cost to dispose of things which can not be re-used. especially mattresses, sofas etc which havent got any fire retardant labels etc..

If you want to you can pm me the house clearance people you have spoken to, and i could give you a few more contact numbers, which we deal with on a regular basis..

You also need to factor in, time will be lost rent, so while tring to find someone to actually buy the whole lot, you could be losing rent money....
    Work to live= not live to work
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides