McDonalds' no receipt

Options

Comments

• Handsome90
    Options
    vicmorrow wrote: »
    Why......politely?

Because I try to be nice to people. Even when I make a complaint I always smile. I don't think anyone would try to help me if I'm angry and swearing towards them. It never hurts to be nice to someone.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Handsome90 wrote: »
    Because I try to be nice to people. Even when I make a complaint I always smile. I don't think anyone would try to help me if I'm angry and swearing towards them. It never hurts to be nice to someone.

Catch more flies with honey than vinegar ;)
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    So are they legally obliged to give the card receipt? I know that a general receipt is not legally necessary, but I am unsure about a card receipt.

I've no idea, but I normally get given a card receipt, and the few times that it's not offered, I always ask for one.

It's highly unlikely to happen, but I suppose the data could get messed up on a computer system somewhere, and the card holder ends up getting charged more than the agreed amount.
    At least with a card receipt you have verifiable proof of how much you agreed to pay.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Handsome90 wrote: »
    I understand receipts aren't at all good for the environment. A lot of trees would have been saved if shops didn't have to print receipts.

The reason I would ask because what if they messed up my order. If I have the receipt I will have proof of what I ordered, provided my order was punched into the till correctly. We are all humans and mistakes can happen.

They're quite trusting McDonald's and if you say you are missing items they tend to believe you. A few years ago I mystery shopped at McDonald's and had to get a receipt to prove I had done it. I remember it was a bit of a palava
  • williham
    williham Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    Options
    They do not have to provide you with a card receipt, in fact the card companies surveyed consumers to see if they want card receipts for small transactions and the majority voted that they don't want a receipt.
    The survey was for the new contactless payments and on our card machine if the customer pays by contactless payment then it doesn't print a receipt unless you ask it to...
  • I would always request a Reciept from McDonalds even though they don't issue them as norm. I believe this is way for those nice cuddly Big Businesses to get us to spend money without the means of keeping a whether eye on what we are spending ie by providing an actual reciept. I would just ask and recieve!
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    I suspect drive-thrus are different to buying in the restaurant, as you order and pay at one window and collect at another. So they issue the receipt to confirm what has been supplied. (I think - been a while since I last used a drive-thru).

In the restaurant you order and pay at the same place (point of sale), so sales receipts are not given as the norm, unless you ask for one. (In my experience). Can't say I remember using my DC/CC at McD's so I'm not sure on the card receipt question.

@OP - are you asking about the sales receipt or the card receipt.

@vic - some (kind) people may suggest you're playing Devil's Advocate. I'd suggest you're just baiting other forum members. ;)
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Op -- remember they will be able to locate the order on their tills, so even without a receipt, if you are querying your order they'll just look it up.
  • Handsome90
    Options
    williham wrote: »
    They do not have to provide you with a card receipt, in fact the card companies surveyed consumers to see if they want card receipts for small transactions and the majority voted that they don't want a receipt.
    The survey was for the new contactless payments and on our card machine if the customer pays by contactless payment then it doesn't print a receipt unless you ask it to...

My understanding is that contactless payment will have the facility to provide an electronic receipt if the technology is incorporated in a phone.
  • Handsome90
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    I suspect drive-thrus are different to buying in the restaurant, as you order and pay at one window and collect at another. So they issue the receipt to confirm what has been supplied. (I think - been a while since I last used a drive-thru).

In the restaurant you order and pay at the same place (point of sale), so sales receipts are not given as the norm, unless you ask for one. (In my experience). Can't say I remember using my DC/CC at McD's so I'm not sure on the card receipt question.

@OP - are you asking about the sales receipt or the card receipt.

@vic - some (kind) people may suggest you're playing Devil's Advocate. I'd suggest you're just baiting other forum members. ;)

Card receipt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport