Post DRO, getting insurance & broadband

Options
I am 2 years into my DRO and am starting to rebuild my credit. Ive have found that i can still pay my car insurance monthly and am not charged a higher rate of interest through the lending company. However i want to apply for broadband as i currently have Pay as You go, has anyone had any problems applying for NEW broadband or a phoneline?? I know the companies run a check. what about contents insurance??

Have found barclays to be the most helpful bank of all offering access to all accounts and even a buffer and overdraft facility, amazing as santander upgraded me from basic to current but then wouldnt offer me anything else after 2 years with them, not even another current account.

Thanks in advance guys

Comments

• caz2003uk
    Options
    2 years into a dro? Or Do you mean your dro ended a year ago?

I'm still in my dro so can't answer the post parts but wondering how you can be 2 years into it?
    :jEngaged 25/12/11 :j
    :smileyheaMarried the man of her dreams and became Mrs M on 26th April 2013 :smileyhea
  • miss_mojo
    Options
    no i was 'discharged' a year ago but im still 'in it' in my eyes, until its off my file, sorry
  • PurpleGoldFish
    PurpleGoldFish Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 January 2012 at 9:33PM
    Options
    I'm 6 months after DRO end... Just changed HomePhone and Broadband supplier (from Plusnet to Tesco) without issue, I also have a sim only with Virgin.
  • miss_mojo
    Options
    did you apply for plusnet whilst in DRO?? Did you already have a phoneline?? Im worried il be refused and dont want refusals on my credit file.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure