Free cookie from Subway

Options
If you keep your receipt the next time you visit Subway and enter the details here and answer very short customer feedback form
https://www.tellsubway.com/ContentManager/Controller.aspx?page=Home/Home

they will email you a unique code for a free cookie on your next visit.

Comments

• bleepy
    bleepy Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    aww didn't realise you had to buy a sandwich :(
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,916 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pm'd a bg to move to the low spend board
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,607 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I think this offer is for US and Canada only. Subway in the UK don't give out receipts anyway if you pay by cash, just card.
  • lancashiregirl
    Options
    I asked for a receipt and got one and paid cash. Sorry if this is the wrong place, didn't realise there was a low spend board.
  • *LoopyLaura*
    Options
    After discovering that all Subway meat is Halal, I'll be giving them the dodge!
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

why? it's no different to 'normal' slaughter, it's just that a few words are said before hand.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • Quat
    Quat Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options

Subway only sell Halal meat in certain stores and this is clearly signed (and obvious from the menu descriptions for pork substitute products). The vast majority of stores do not sell Halal meat.
  • gitw
    gitw Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    Halal meat is actually pretty good quality and is also known as 'the pure meat'. Most butchers, KFC and replica kfc chicken shops, kebab shops and a lot of take aways in general where I live in North London are Halal due to the demographics of the neighbourhood.

Better quality in my own opinion, and safe in the knowledge that the meat has not be mechanically claimed from the bones as halal must be 'hand slaughtered'.

halal also means that they ensure pork derivatives are not used in non meat products, so jelly has no gelatine, alcohol is animal process free, and makeup does not contain animal blubber.
  • misssarahleigh
    Options
    brettcta wrote: »
    why? it's no different to 'normal' slaughter, it's just that a few words are said before hand.
    Quat wrote: »
    Subway only sell Halal meat in certain stores and this is clearly signed (and obvious from the menu descriptions for pork substitute products). The vast majority of stores do not sell Halal meat.

Sorry, although not the aim of the thread I felt I needed to pop my nose in. Not causing a debate, just adding to a statement made.

Halal is not just a 'few words'. "Normal" slaughter the animal is stunned into unconciousness before being killed so they have no awareness and is seen as more 'humane'.

Halal animals are not stunned. This is under the belief that the animal needs to be concious to recieve the prayer before death, and therefor alive and aware when being slaughtered (which is I believe what bothers most people).

Also, one of my local subways is halal and this is in no way, shape or form sign posted.
    I get what i want. That isn't because i'm a brat or spoilt. It's because i'm determined, i work hard for it and i achieve my goals!
  • Quat
    Quat Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Also, one of my local subways is halal and this is in no way, shape or form sign posted.

There should be a logo in the corner of the window which says "All Meats are Halal". Additionally, the same logo should feature on each of the menu panels above the counter.

It's actually impossible for the franchisee to order Halal menu panels that do not feature the Halal logo, so if this is the case then either the store is displaying the wrong menu or the store is actually not Halal.

Additionally, there should be two certificates on the counter or nearby showing the Halal certification.

Which store is it you're referring to, as I'm not aware of any that display no signage at all. If you genuinely have come accross a Halal store that makes no mention of this fact, I would send in a comment using the details here: https://www.subway.co.uk/business/contact/contact_us.aspx as either a mistake has been made or the franchisee is violating the franchise agreement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure