We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

aaaaaaaarrrr I want to plant plant plant

Options
ukbill69
ukbill69 Posts: 2,789 Forumite
Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Why does this time of year always get me, ok there is a few things you can do over winter, but after you have done these tasks, what to do, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr why do I think about planting all day long.

Its an addiction!
Kind Regards
Bill

Comments

• JJ.
    JJ. Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Ahh, you're not on your own Bill. This is really only my 3rd year of gardening, and after spending the last two days in the greenhouse, tidying it up, cleaning, and bringing in my pots with bulbs in ( to protect them from this upcoming cold snap) I'm now itching to start sowing my veg and flower seeds. I don't want to start too early though, or any cold spell could negate anything sown now. But I am desp to get growing!!

Must resist!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    me too, I spent today buying compost and vermiculite then washing pots and containers, I have found my big box of labels and written up a rotation and planting scheme. All my seeds from last year are sorted and ready and some new seeds ordered. Now I have to make myself sit on my hands for a few more weeks, except for peppers but it is still a bit early, even for those.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

me too!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • faerie~spangles
    Options
    Count me in. Itching to plant seeds.:D
    I'm not that way reclined

Jewelry? Seriously? Sheldon you are the most shallow, self-centered person I have ever met. Do you really think that another transparently-manipu... OH, IT'S A TIARA! A tiara; I have a tiara! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me!
  • ed110220
    ed110220 Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been itching to plant a cherry tree and a few shrubs, but the ground is just too wet at the moment.
    Solar install June 2022, Bath
    4.8 kW array, Growatt SPH5000 inverter, 2x Growatt ML33RTA batteries.
    SSW roof. ~22° pitch, BISF house. 12 x 400W Hyundai panels
  • Soot2006
    Soot2006 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've invented things to do around the garden - poor dormant plants have been moved around to suit my whims ... and spent the afternoon building my new rose arch with great relish, imagining that tomorrow everything shall surely be in bloom?
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well, there is loads I could be doing out there now, if I had more money to devote to it. E.g. A whole load of stumps need to come out, then things could go in the space that would be provided right now. And the hedges I want to pull out and reach with yew.....I could pull out scrub, privet and bramble, but I cannot afford all the yew I would need :(. Oh well.......next year....
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me too, I got my fix today by standing in Wilkinsons and staring happily at all the seeds :D
  • JJ.
    JJ. Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Linda32 wrote: »
    Me too, I got my fix today by standing in Wilkinsons and staring happily at all the seeds :D

:rotfl: I do that too. Have to resist though as I've got a copious amount of packets of seed waiting for me. Reckon I've got at least three years worth to keep me going. They're all in date for a couple of years or so too. Won't stop me buying some more though this year I bet. ;)
  • emiff6
    emiff6 Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    JJ. wrote: »
    :rotfl: I do that too. Have to resist though as I've got a copious amount of packets of seed waiting for me. Reckon I've got at least three years worth to keep me going. They're all in date for a couple of years or so too. Won't stop me buying some more though this year I bet. ;)
    If I'm over the hill, where was the top?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport