Options
13»

Comments

• kittykat17
    kittykat17 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Scully38 wrote: »
    I thought you had to have over 30 hours to claim WTC? Have I struggled these last few years on crappy pay for nothing?

The 30 hour rule for WTC changes if you get PIP / DLA - then you 'only' have to work 16 hours (or more).
  • Scully38
    Scully38 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    Indie_Kid wrote: »
    The 30 hours only applies for childless non-disabled people. Also, you only need to be over 16 and not 25 to claim WTC if disabled.

Ah thanks Indie Kid that might be why I didn't get it. I had a look at the letter they sent me when I was applying for WTC and it said I had to be in receipt of disability benefits to qualify over the 16 hours, and since I've only just had my face to face assessment, i'll have to wait and see as i'm working 22.5 hours at the moment and struggling and qualify for zippadedoodah!
    kittykat17 wrote: »
    The 30 hour rule for WTC changes if you get PIP / DLA - then you 'only' have to work 16 hours (or more).

Thanks kitty, i'll see what happens when I get the results from the assessment, but seeing how everyone else is getting knocked back i'm not going to hold my breath. It's just frustrating as i've worked full time for a few months and it just about broke me as I spent the weekend recovering from working the week....

I guess only time will tell.
    Everything I know, I've learned from Judge Judy. :p

"I have no life, that's why i'm interfering in yours." :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills