DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 8

Options

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    For those who are or might self manage a DMP, NE Derbyshire CAB have launched a tool on their online moneyhelp site that can help you do so.

See the example DMP here:

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/dmptour.asp
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    For those who are or might self manage a DMP, NE Derbyshire CAB have launched a tool on their online moneyhelp site that can help you do so.

See the example DMP here:

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/dmptour.asp

Thanks Fermi and well done to them!

HHx
  • MoneyMum
    MoneyMum Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for the support and the lovely offers :heart2::heart2:

I'm hoping we will be fine and I'm pretty sure my nan would never see us go with out even. She does so much for me and my son I hate to ask for anything more.

Well a quite evening in awaits me, must say I feel much better having posted. I have no one to talk to about how hard it is. Everyone I know has debts so think they are in the same boat as me they dont realise its worlds apart when you get to the point you cant pay your basics let alone a CC repayment.

xxx
    LBM: 6th January 2012
    DMP Start date: 31st January 2012
    DFD: June 2014 :j

Total Debt: £5463.65 :eek: - All gone with Payplan!! 100% gone forever:T
  • BlushingRose
    BlushingRose Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    Options
    MoneyMum wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks for the support and the lovely offers :heart2::heart2:

I'm hoping we will be fine and I'm pretty sure my nan would never see us go with out even. She does so much for me and my son I hate to ask for anything more.

Well a quite evening in awaits me, must say I feel much better having posted. I have no one to talk to about how hard it is. Everyone I know has debts so think they are in the same boat as me they dont realise its worlds apart when you get to the point you cant pay your basics let alone a CC repayment.

xxx

I know what you mean. You say 'I'm really poor' to someone and they says, 'oh yes, me too' but it's not the same.
    Our LBM: Dec 2011. DMP started: Jan 2012. Debt at LBM: £41,568

Oct 2012 = Current debt: £40,548.93
    Oct 2013 = Current debt: £39.054.70

DMP Support number 424 - Long haul number 308
  • secretshopper75
    Options
    Moneymum, 'm in Yorkshire and would hate you see you and your son without anyone...please shout if you're nearby
  • Standingtall
    Options
    MoneyMum wrote: »
    I have found a bag of dried pasta so im going to divide it up and let it last as long as possible. Have also had a look and there is a food back not to far but will have to get the train there so will cost £2.80 to get there but I can hunt the sofa and see what I find failing that ill just have to walk it about an hour each way and be done with it might be a bit harder.
    Might drop in on my nan around dinner time she is the lovely irish type who feeds whoever comes through the door.

I have my second call with payplan on Monday. Does anyone know how long it will take from then on for them to speak to creditors? xx

Hi there. I hope your Nan was in and you have had a decent meal:)

I am with Payplan and they took everything over for me within a fortnight. They sent letters to my creditors along with my first payment, and apart from the odd hiccup such as charges on my overdraft, I have had no problems so far. Fingers crossed it goes as well for you! I have one been with Payplan for 5 months or so ( depends she yo start counting from).
    LBM August 2011. DFD somewhere post [STRIKE]2025[/STRIKE]2022 :eek:
    Total debts October 2011 circa GBP 17,700 September 2018 GBP 0 DMP with Payplan
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger:T:D:D:D
  • Standingtall
    Options
    Hi all. I expect a few DMPers are in the same situation as me? Egg card sold to Barclaycard sold to Mercer! Talk about a chain reaction. I wonder how Barclaycard feel about all the 'bad debts' Egg sold to them, :rotfl:

I know, I shouldn't really laugh. I shall slap my wrists in an appropriate manner:mad:

Anyway, I had my call from Mercer today. They were fine except . . . I have a bad feeling they are going to call me every month! It was Luis from Manchester who called, except he wasn't sure whether it was morning or afternoon and spoke with an Indian accent - bless, he's only doing his job, but I still giggle. Anyway, after I gave my Payplan reference he instantly stated that all charges will be stopped and no more phone calls for 30 days. Hummm, 30 days. Well, the countdown begins.:eek:
    LBM August 2011. DFD somewhere post [STRIKE]2025[/STRIKE]2022 :eek:
    Total debts October 2011 circa GBP 17,700 September 2018 GBP 0 DMP with Payplan
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger:T:D:D:D
  • antonic
    antonic Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have been on a DMP with Payplan https://www.payplanplus.com since Aug 2005.

Aug 2005 was my LBM when I had debts (3 x Credit Cards, 1 x Overdraft) totalling £22000.00

Then I was referred to Payplan by HBOS and it took till Dec 2005 to start a DMP and make my first payment.

My DMP was originally to last 87 months and finish in Mar 2013, through me annually increasing my payments (bar the last year) it will now run for 84 months and finish on 2/12/12.

Its been a lot of hard work and the lack of money has sometimes been crippling, but I have worked through it and I will start 2013 debt free.

So, keep strong, come here for support (you will get it in buckets !) and dont worry, I will still be here after I become debtfree on 2/12/12.

If I can do it, so can you all.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Egg card sold to Barclaycard sold to Mercer! Talk about a chain reaction

Mercers are Barclaycard. Just their in house collection team.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Jenjen
    Jenjen Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all. I expect a few DMPers are in the same situation as me? Egg card sold to Barclaycard sold to Mercer! Talk about a chain reaction. I wonder how Barclaycard feel about all the 'bad debts' Egg sold to them, :rotfl:

I know, I shouldn't really laugh. I shall slap my wrists in an appropriate manner:mad:

Anyway, I had my call from Mercer today. They were fine except . . . I have a bad feeling they are going to call me every month! It was Luis from Manchester who called, except he wasn't sure whether it was morning or afternoon and spoke with an Indian accent - bless, he's only doing his job, but I still giggle. Anyway, after I gave my Payplan reference he instantly stated that all charges will be stopped and no more phone calls for 30 days. Hummm, 30 days. Well, the countdown begins.:eek:

I feel quite bad for Barclaycard (not). DH had a platinum card with them and we never missed a payment although were only paying the minimum. Then they inherited 3 egg cards (1 his, 2 mine). all were up to date although only the minimum payments ever made. They must have been rubbing their hands with glee at all the interest they would get from us. Then we went and decided not to pay any of them straight after. So far non have been passed on but I can't see them being very happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure