Cooper's International Auctions

Options
2»

Comments

• SAppleby
    Options
    I've seen an advert in the paper about this. Anyone else had any experiences of this auction?
  • SAppleby
    Options
    phirana wrote: »
    I went to Coopers International Auctions coopersinternationalauctions.com . I bought a diamond bracelet for £13000 with a certificate from AGI agigems.co.uk valued at £29000. After taking this to hatten gardens and a jeweler on new bond street a week later, both confirmed that the value was way too much. This bracelet was only worth £6000 and was 'overly valued'

Given the document that was provided and other professionals saying otherwise, Surely this fraud? Even the painting there followed a similar pattern.

what happened Pihrana did you get anywhere with this or just lose your money? That's awful
  • uk_messer
    uk_messer Posts: 224 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2014 at 2:38PM
    Options
    This company, Coopers International Auctions that many others have called [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] are now also running under WLC Auctions. They are using Facebook now to push their advertising. It came up as one of my suggested posts. I placed a comment on there warning others and they had it removed in less than 30 seconds.

Dubious posters have been claiming on other forums that they have nothing to do with Coopers International. Yet, a simple check on their website shows it's registered by the very same [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM].

Link

What's even crazier is people on that forum first posting they had been ripped off as the artists of the paintings they bought could not be found on the internet. Yet they were later satisfied with [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] explanation of 'A lot of oil paint come from different place with no information for this reason is not easy to understand the origin from the painter.'

Seems people would prefer to be deluded than accept they've been sold overpriced tat.

REPLY BY COOPERS INTERNATIONAL AUCTION

"The statement that Coopers International Auctions are now also running under WLC Auctions is incorrect. WLC Auctions has been established by someone who was previously associated with Coopers International Auctions but they left in February 2013. Coopers International Auctions is owned by a different person to WLC Auctions. This person shares the same surname as the person who established WLC Auctions but they are not the same people. For the avoidance of any doubt, Coopers International Auctions is not the same business as WLC Auctions and no commercial association exists between the two."
  • keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    no trading as WLCauctions.co.uk
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Coopers Auctions are on BBC Watchdog tonight
  • MrRee_2
    MrRee_2 Posts: 2,389 Forumite
    Options
    YEP!

Conmen .... if it's a bargain why don't the auctioneers buy them for themselves!!!!???

Idiots and their money soon parted ....
    Bringing Happiness where there is Gloom!
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MrRee wrote: »
    YEP!

Conmen .... if it's a bargain why don't the auctioneers buy them for themselves!!!!???

Idiots and their money soon parted ....

How can you justify that?

They sold the best diamond on the entire planet earth for less than 10% of it's value. That is unbeatable value
  • tali
    tali Posts: 709 Forumite
    Options
    Reminds me of Auctionworld who were also on Watchdog and got busted.
    Shocking beyond belief that Coopers are so brazenly criminal.(including making direct threats of violence openly)
    HMP awaits hopefully for these crooks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport