Bank has finished me off!!!

Options
Hi

New to this forum but it has given me something to think about.

Today being the 7/2/2007, i found myself in a situation where BarclayCard have taken nearly £3000 out of my Barclays account to pay for a debt i have with them since 2004. I met massive financial difficulties and ended up owing tens of thousands of pounds and to this day cant get out of it all. I had a family member give me a loan of £3000 and banked it in my barclays account only to find some 5 days later a letter arrive on my door saying that they have taken nearly £3000 out of my account as part payment without my consent and that they wanted the rest ASAP. It has crippled me! i got the loan to start sorting things out and now they have taken the money i have nothing and have the prospect of even being kicked out of my flat that i rent as part of the £3000 was going towards that... now i am even more in debt and have NO chance at all now of getting anything sorted.... I am at the end of it all!

Is there anything i can do? :confused:

Comments

• Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You will find it in the T&Cs you agreed to when you took out the card that they can recover any outstanding balance by moving money from any other account you hold with them. This is why it is better to have a card with a provider that you do not bank with.

I doubt there is much you can do. I gather from other threads here that Barclays are impervious to pleas to put the money back but it would seem that your only option is to ask.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    You will probably have bank charges you could claim on both your current account and credit card. To do this read Martin's article and follow the steps.

Step-by-step Guides: Bank Charges: Reclaim Your Cash | Top New Bank Account Calculator: Charge them interest Template Letters: (right click and save) Ask for charge details |Initial letter | Second letter | Small claims note Get Updates On Important Changes: Free Weekly Money Tip

If you feel you have a complaint against Barclays you could contact the Financial Ombudsman, they will also help you reclaim charges.
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Point EdinburghLass!
  • shaunybhoy
    Options
    Bossyboots wrote:
    You will find it in the T&Cs you agreed to when you took out the card that they can recover any outstanding balance by moving money from any other account you hold with them. This is why it is better to have a card with a provider that you do not bank with.

I doubt there is much you can do. I gather from other threads here that Barclays are impervious to pleas to put the money back but it would seem that your only option is to ask.

this is prob right but plz just look through the terms to make sure this is correct my rbs credit card isint lined in anyway to my current account it makes this clear in the terms im not saying this is the same for Barclays they are a total bunch of rats them lot
  • Taz2007
    Options
    Can you still make a claim against a bank if you no longer have the account?
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    You can claim from a closed account but if you mean a debt agency has the account that then becomes a different matter as to who would be due the reclaim should it be successful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure