We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

EXPIRED Boots Vitamins Discount Error

1…3435373940…78

Comments

  • debsjc
    debsjc Posts: 3,222 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    locarr wrote: »
    I reckon that would give you £4.07 credit!

    15 x 0.79 = 11.85 - 15.92 = £4.07....

    you need at least 5 x .99p shampoos to bring you in to positive balance but I would go for a few more else the SA may query such a low total!!:D

    6 shots and 6 x 79p vitamins gives £2.80 credit (or maybe £2.81)

    So if 15 only gives £4.07 credit, then it seems the best way to do it is in blocks of 6 :)
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    edited 15 January 2012 at 9:21PM
    If I get 15 shots + 15 vitamins @79p each, how much credit do I have?

    I want to stock up on my shampoo@99p each. So how many shampoos can I buy to use up the credit?
    with 79p vits i think you get 41p per 3 + £1.99 per 5 so
    41p x 5 = £2.05
    £1.99 x 3 = £5.97
    £8.02 off your shopping so get 9 shampoos at 99p
    i know i've stuck my neck out differing from locarr:o
    but i do agree with locarr that its 15s that are best
  • Fudge_Cake_2
    Fudge_Cake_2 Posts: 2,080 Forumite
    Oh my goodness, I'm sitting here trying to work out the maths and having no joy whatsoever! Totally confused with the x 15 quantity!!
    'There are people who have money and people who are rich' :heart2: Coco Chanel
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    I hope my boots re-stocks the shots & vits next week! (and the glitch is still on!)
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Minky86
    Minky86 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Fudge_Cake wrote: »
    Oh my goodness, I'm sitting here trying to work out the maths and having no joy whatsoever! Totally confused with the x 15 quantity!!

    Its because the vit shots are on a multi buy 5 for 4, 3 for 2 and free with a vitamin :j

    That is why 15 is the best quantity. :)
  • For any new Bootsers, by the time you have worked the formula out successfully (so that you can confidently explain it to yourself, in the mirror;)), and followed that up with a few more glitches, you'll find your maths ability will be on a par with Carole Voorderman!

    xx
  • Fudge_Cake_2
    Fudge_Cake_2 Posts: 2,080 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2012 at 10:04PM
    Minky86 wrote: »
    Its because the vit shots are on a multi buy 5 for 4, 3 for 2 and free with a vitamin :j

    That is why 15 is the best quantity. :)

    Oh no I'm a little slow but I understood that bit!! :p I wanted to understand how the deductions would work to know how much I would have in credit towards my other purchases.

    Zippy from my calculations you're correct, I agree with you. £8.02 off if you buy 15 x 79p vitamins and 15 shots! :T:T AMAZING!
    'There are people who have money and people who are rich' :heart2: Coco Chanel
  • Minky86 wrote: »
    Its because the vit shots are on a multi buy 5 for 4, 3 for 2 and free with a vitamin :j

    That is why 15 is the best quantity. :)

    Thanks! this is making much more sense to me now! lol.
    :beer:
  • Smart1e
    Smart1e Posts: 2,756 Forumite
    Fudge_Cake wrote: »
    Oh no I'm a little slow bit I understood that bit!! :p I wanted to understand how the deductions would work to know how much I would have in credit towards my other purchases.

    Zippy from my calculations you're correct, I agree with you. £8.02 off if you buy 15 x 79p vitamins and 15 shots! :T:T AMAZING!

    I worked it out as £8 with 15, but My God you would need to be brave to try it, let's see, a basket with 15 vitamins, 15 shots, lets say 8 x £1 shower gels and even then the balance is zero....I know the SA's haven't noticed the low prices and I could have got 15 of each today but i think the £8 off your shopping would be a huge problem unless you spent £40 or £50 to cover it.

    I would be super impressed though if anyone's done 15 through a manned till...come on tell us!!!:T
    :) Learn from the past, enjoy and appreciate the present and work to make your future the best it can possibly be :)

    And get lots of glitches!
  • chattmum
    chattmum Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    If you are buying in 15 at a time you will have £8.02 overspend if you get the 79p vits or £8.17 extra on the ricola sweets as you get 8 x 1.99 off your shop then deduct either 10x 79p or 5 x 1.55 HTH . Just wish I could find another local branch with self Serve would love to get some more "cheap" baby food and the lemon ricola are actually quite nice
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.