York next week possibly

Options
We are hoping to be in York next week, yes, yet again, we are not renowned for original thought but my daughter is at YSJ and this time, for a change, we are staying longer and taking the lads .

They have not been up there for at least a year, so they have not seen big sisters house and hopefully she will take them around uni and show them all the places to hang out.

Other than that we are wondering if anyone knows of any local events going on possibly less touristy ones.

I know the Yorvik festivals start on the 14th. I would like to see the street parades and boats going down the river but they always seem to go on during the weekend when we are going home.

My lads are 15 and 17 so they are at the permenantly bored stage. We are hoping to do the usual trips, mainly designed to keep us out of the cold, wind and rain - megabowl/pizza hut/ shops one day, possibly art gallery/railway museum and wheel another day. Ghost walks and dungeons already done and too scary!

Has anyone got any better suggestions? I really hate the February half term, the most pointless week in the year.

Also the York school half term is different to ours, not sure wether its a week later?

I tried looking at a website called whatsoninyork but a bit hopeless. I like the sound of the poetry evening at Borders, I suppose I could always send everyone else to see a film.

Mary
“Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure