Anyone took 'Help Link' boiler deal?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Foz1968
    Options
    Just cancelled our order with Help Link after they decided to send out a sub contractor who had no interest in doing the job as specified. Sent him away with a flea in his ear and cancelled under the fact that they were not willing to complete the job as agreed.
    Since then we have gone with a local plumber who has quoted us for a better boiler, two extra radiators and brand new pipework for less money than Help Link wanted for a new boiler and three radiators.

Always get a quote from a local plumbing and heating engineer, as you will probably find that they will give you a much better service at a much lower price.
  • Leahpaula
    Options
    I wish we had seen these comments on help link before my niece signed for them to fit a new combi boiler 😢 Day one pipe burst in attic flooded bedroom, then pulled carpet up and realised they couldn't run supply this way due to steel girders ( which they were told about but ignored) carpet has not gone back the way it was . After complaining about a soaked bedroom and water running through the light she has been told they aren't responsible for leaks and replacing carpet as it states this in the small print ... AVOID this company ... now demanding payment £3,900 ... 2 wks off having their first child in there new house of 10 months this company don't care they've left there home in a mess 😡😡😡
  • plumberpaig
    plumberpaig Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Old thread I know but I think my views are pertinent.

I know a few engineers who used to work for Help Link. They went through a lot of trouble recently and were sold off, possibly before going bankrupt? Homeserve owns them now. Anyway, a lot of engineers left, possibly their best ones.

Unfortunately, a lot of these types of companies grow very big and they want to make even more money by outsourcing to outside companies.

The directors left Help Link and set up Boxt. Boxt also outsources a lot of their work to outside freelancers, unfortunately.
  • landlordharrow
    Options
    Reading these posts has put me right off, not that I was convinced by this company anyway.
  • Otis1888
    Options
    Old thread - but again AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

They damaged both my property and my neighbours and would not repair the damage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure