Help...please....Barclays taken 6 weeks to refund AFTER letter saying they'd sent it

edited 31 December 2011 at 8:06PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
2 replies 736 views
susiesweetlipssusiesweetlips Forumite
8 Posts
edited 31 December 2011 at 8:06PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Hi Folks,
I wonder if anyone has any experience of this...and if so, how have you handled it?
Earlier in the year I was awarded a refund of PPI when my complaint was upheld for 2 cards....1 less than £1k, and the other over £62K. The letter said that it may take up to 8 weeks to process the refund, so I allowed for this. They duly followed process with the smaller one and on the 8th week, they sent a cheque after logging the refund on my card.
However, the £62k has been logged on my credit card account and is still sitting there...and has been there for way over 10 weeks now....everytime I phone, they say the direct bank transfer has been processed - in the last 6 weeks, twice it has supposedly been sent to the wrong account, then recalled :eek:
Then, every other time I call they say "its because of the amount...it has to be refunded by a senior manager"....and it has gone off to them for processing. When I ask to speak to the senior manager processing the refund, they say they cant put me through...for various reasons. :mad::mad::mad:

To recap, for clarity.....this situation is waiting for a refund from my credit card.....where the PPI was paid.....anyone have any idea what to do to make them get their corporate finger out of their *rse?
Am I going to have to take it to the Ombudsman?

Many thanks for your input....I really appreciate it :)

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals