ppi refused by barclays due to insurance standards council code of practice

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
13 replies 5K views
2»

Replies

• UPDATE
    Thanks to the above advice I rang Barclaycard today and said why did you refuse my claim as on your letter it does not say why, what investigations have you carried out and your letter is a little mis leading as I have taken advice from a independent compliance consultant (THANKS MAGPIECOTTAGE) because Barclays was a member of the Banking Ombudsman Scheme at the time. They told me they are re opening my case. I have also asked for my signed credit agreement not a blank one and if the PPI was taken out then or after so fingers crossed I will get a response in about 3-4 weeks .
  • magpiecottagemagpiecottage
    9.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    hammers28 wrote: »
    your letter is a little mis leading

Your statement is a little misleading because their statement wasn't - it was VERY misleading!
  • tyrextyrex Forumite
    13 Posts
    hammers28 wrote: »
    UPDATE
    Thanks to the above advice I rang Barclaycard today and said why did you refuse my claim as on your letter it does not say why, what investigations have you carried out and your letter is a little mis leading as I have taken advice from a independent compliance consultant (THANKS MAGPIECOTTAGE) because Barclays was a member of the Banking Ombudsman Scheme at the time. They told me they are re opening my case. I have also asked for my signed credit agreement not a blank one and if the PPI was taken out then or after so fingers crossed I will get a response in about 3-4 weeks .

Just wanted to say thank you - I have a similar case (search for "Old Barclays loan PPI claim - need help with negative response") running and received the GISC negative response from Barclays. Anyway, I did the same as you today and they have now reopened my case. Hopefully I'll get a response in the same timeframe... round 2!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals