Question on my HALIFAX Cash Isa transfer form.....

Options
I am only a student so it's the first time I've filled one of these in.... It says, "Do you want to close your current cash ISA and transfer all the balance including the accrued interest?" I selected yes, and then it goies on to ask "Have you subsribed to your current cash ISA in the current tax year?" I again selected yes.....

Does that mean I won't be allowed to transfer seeing as though I have paid like £700 into it during this tax year.... I want to tranfer all of my £6000+ in savings over..... It's from Halifax to Halifax by the way.

Comments

• jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 December 2011 at 3:26PM
    Options
    Contributing in the current year does not stop you transferring.

They only ask as you must transfer any current year contributions in their entirety.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    If you're transferring from one Halifax ISA to another, then you don't need to fill in the form.

Just phone them up and they'll do it on the spot for you.
  • superman909
    Options
    rb10 wrote: »
    If you're transferring from one Halifax ISA to another, then you don't need to fill in the form.

Just phone them up and they'll do it on the spot for you.

Thanks but apparently not - I have been told twice on the phone that I still have to fill the damn form in and either give it into a branch or post it off to Leeds?!?!
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks but apparently not - I have been told twice on the phone that I still have to fill the damn form in and either give it into a branch or post it off to Leeds?!?!

Great system from Lloyds!
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    I got the same with First Direct, I wanted to close a maturerd ISA that was at 0.1% and reopen the same ISA to get 2.7%. They opened the new ISA account for me, but then said I needed to fill in an "ISA Transfer Form" with the sort code and account numbers of both accounts to actually transfer the funds. A few days later I received said form and was told to post it off to Leeds also. Apparently they needed the form for their records.

Now I don't like sending pieces of paper through the post with my accounts numbers on, specially when the paper also contains my signature. (No, I don't send cheques either), so the transfer form is still on my desk.

Heres the best bit - FD don't have branches and you can't hand it in at a HSBC branch!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure