BOS CC Result Question re interest....

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
2 replies 583 views
The_AquapantherThe_Aquapanther Forumite
120 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Bank of Scotland Credit Card have agreed to pay me back all PPI (:beer:), plus 8% interest for any time the account was in credit!

It's a CC..it's hardly ever going to be in credit!!! :mad:

Are they at it? Should I refuse the offer?

Cheers.

Replies

• dilusdilus Forumite
    1K Posts
    Bank of Scotland Credit Card have agreed to pay me back all PPI (:beer:), plus 8% interest for any time the account was in credit!

It's a CC..it's hardly ever going to be in credit!!! :mad:

Are they at it? Should I refuse the offer?

Cheers.

Yes you should accept the redress, they are paying you back exactly what you are entitled to. You only get 8% interest on a CC when it is in credit.
    If you had paid off your balance religiously every month, that is when the 8% kicks in big time. The 8% interest is paid as though you had invested any credit in a savings account, because you had outstanding balance on the card all the time you in effect had no spare cash to put in a savings account so you can't expect them to give you interest, hope this explains the situation.
    Successes
    Sainsbury's/BOS £6,400 Paid :)
    MBNA £3,600 Paid :)
  • amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks ok to me,they redo your card to work out the ppi and 8%,if they are giving you the ppi back and you dont think it is right,ask for a breakdown,just be careful if you refuse this offer as you will have to go to FOS and this will take months to resolve,they only do 8% on a credit balance so i would think the FOS will agree with the bank.

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides