Magners advent win but now I'm worried.....

Many thanks avelte for posting the Magners advent comp here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3621297&highlight=magners

I won 2 x 6 packs of Magners pear cider.

BUT.... (apologies for the forthcoming long post :rotfl:) as I didn't receive an email from them I posted on their fb wall yesterday to say I hadn't received an email so they said they were looking into it. A few hours later I did get an email from them which asked for my details and a copy of my driving license or passport for proof of age, there was also another email address in the email which I assumed was somebody from the magners office.
I replied to the email with my details and a copy of my driving license to all the email addresses in the email (bearing in mind still assuming the other email address belonged to somebody that worked at magners).
Yesterday evening I received a message on fb from a lady to say she had received an email with all my details in that was intended for magners, including a copy of my driving license :eek:
Now I don't know what to do! The lady has assured me she has deleted the email, but now I'm wandering if its only her that has received my details, I'm really upset. I've had an apologetic email from magners this morning to say they are looking into this and will ring me, but as it was me that replied to all... are magners in the wrong? I think they shouldn't have had any one elses details in the email, and I wasn't to know that the other email wasn't anything to do with magners..... help fellow compers, where do I stand?! :(

Comments

• If they sent you an email with everyone else's email addresses showing on it - then that is a breach of DPA (data protection)

Try googling - 'report a breach of DPA' and see what you can find.
    Not really comping any more as too ill - but hoping to win £1000+ in 2017 in cash prizes - watch this space!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure