Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Is this ink cartidge/ phone recycling site legit?

devonlu
devonlu Posts: 8 Forumite
edited 30 December 2011 at 6:00PM in Charities
Some time ago my theatre group signed up to EachOneCounts, to recycle ink cartridges, and a couple of old phones. This is a recycling scheme specifically for charities and non-profits. Its supposed to be a minumum of £1 for each ink cartridge/ phone on thier list of what they can accept. All the ones we sent in are on that list.
Now they say there is usually about 30% wastage of ones that cannot be recycled. Which is fair enough, but we have sent in about 30 or 40 in all, and only two cartidges show up as being accepted (for 70p each, not £1) and the phones are not showing on the system at all.

Is this site really legitimate? Or have we been had? If anyone else has used this site please can you advise? :mad:
postgrad student, supply teacher, actress, founder of non-profit community theatre group, volunteer,& general busybee!
Disclaimer - some forum posts are about things for me, but some are on behalf of the theatre group - The South Devon Players - for which I am secretary. For further info, please refer to the post in question.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure