RBS credit card offer, is it enough?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
1 reply 534 views
pascrimpascrim Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
I have had a credit card with RBS since 1986, and have always had ppi of some kind on the card, being lazy with money matters it took my wife to fill in the template from this site and make a claim. After waiting several weeks we have received an offer off £1500. The letter says that it is a goodwill gesture and is without liability. The amount has been calculated as premiums paid since June 2001 plus interest.
Now, considering that I probably would not have done this myself without a kick up the backside from my wife, this is a nice amount to land on the carpet in December.
However I have a couple of questions that maybe someone else has experience of. * Is there a reason that they have only compensated from June 2001?
* What do they mean by " goodwill gesture without liability " ?
* Should I be satisfied with this amount?

Thanks.:)

Replies

• di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Hi there

Well done on your success!:beer:

It could be because they did not still have all the details of the account, if you have copies of the paperwork yourself, you should have been given the opportunity to send the copies in order for them to go all the way back to the beginnning, mainly companies hold data for approx the last 6 years.;)

A goodwill gesture, again maybe because they may not hold any details of the account or not enough, and in this case as they do not know the ins and outs of how it was sold to you, they will not put it down as if they were liable.
    Just maybe this is the case.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs