Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!

In June of this year I decided to leave full time employment and become a SAHM for the next year or so....a big decision and I can't begin to tell you how scary. We are champagne spenders with a lager income.

Around the time I was finishing work I found this site and the Money Diet...what great timing! I started by planning ahead while I knew I was leaving employment but no one else did...I don't know exactly the ££ amount of what we have saved but what we have done is put together a long term plan of action that allows us to go from two salaries to one while actually feeling confident that we can do this!

We transferred a credit card and loan balance to one Cahoot loan (and insured it via your freeinsurance link); I believe this saved about £50 a month.

We changed our car insurance via your confused link; saved almost £50 year..and got a reduced price on RAC cover (even cheaper than the RAC quoted us as a long term customer).

We cancelled a totally awful whole life policy (that was shamefully long overdue for action) and took out a new term policy; saved almost £80 per month.

We transferred our Gas & Leccie and our phone suppliers; saved almost £20 per month. Might have to do that again next year?

Oh and I was very pleased that I had arranged to keep my PMI - even more pleased when I found your advice about adding an excess! That was a complete surprise to me as no one mentioned that from my insurers. I promptly had that reduced by £11 per month for only a £100 excess.

And my reading addiction has been satisfied with at least 10 monthly subs (when I am finished reading them my friend who is a Nurse takes them to the patients on her ward which makes me feel nice).

We had a nice BH break in London - 2 nights hotel £45 plus half price 7th row seats for a show!

And what fun we have had with the freebies! My little one waits for the post every moring and there is something there almost every day.

Overall - I am addicted. This site has made my transition from salaried to skint a much easier one. I can't believe it took me so long to find the site but am so grateful I found it when we most needed it. I will never look at spending in the same light again.

Thank You Thank You Thank You.

And now that I can watch This Morning, I hope you are back on this year.

Well Done on such a great site and thanks again.
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention ~ Anonymous
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport