Home Loans Direct

Options
Hello, I am a newbie on here so please be gentle with me, lol.

Just a bit of advice really for my hubby, he had a mortgage through a company called Home Loans Direct (In 2004) which he had with his exwife. Unfortunately the company was for people with bad credit and he feels sure that there was a considerable amount of ppi he was mis sold on this. He has contacted the company who do not seem a big company may I add and the person he spoke to was extremely rude, told him he hoped he hadn't phoned re claiming back ppi and not to even think about trying to claim back ppi and go straight to the FOS if he was unhappy. He even accused him of not being who he said he was and said anyone could phone up for the information. It was shocking. They still had all of his details from his old mortgage and address on their system but they would not give him his account number. I have literally just put together a SAR letter (please advise me if this is not the correct thing to do) and will post this recorded delivery. This website is fantastic and thanks for putting up a template so I could copy the letter). Could anyone advise if it is worth pursuing or if we are going about this the wrong way? We have just had £1,000 back from MBNA which was only a phone call as we had no account number and after one phone call, they sent a letter saying a refund would be with us within 28 days...it took a week. Thank you so much for reading and any advice would be really appreciated. xx

Comments

• magpiecottage
    Options
    Home Loans Direct has been used as a trading style by three different firms. However, only Simple Loans Limited would fall under FOS jurisdiction for a sale from 2004.
  • DRS1101
    DRS1101 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Home Loans Direct has been used as a trading style by three different firms. However, only Simple Loans Limited would fall under FOS jurisdiction for a sale from 2004.

Thank you for your reply magpie cottage. Sorry for not quite understanding, but do you mean it is not worthwhile pursuing. I posted my husband's SAR letter to the today. He originally took out the mortgage with a company called Southern Pacific. He actually called them and they passed him onto Home Loans Direct so we are a little confused about it all to be honest. It was before my time with my hubby so I only know a limited amount of information. Do you mean they are not regulated by the FOS so would be able to get away with the large amount of PPI my husband believed he was falsely sold? Thank you again for your reply and once again, I apologise for not fully understanding.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure