PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Options

Comments

• Busylizzie
    Busylizzie Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorted out 3 bags of old kids clothes ready to take to Cash for Clothes on Tuesday. Hope to do some more tomorrow. Not worth trying to sell but nice man at C4C always gives me a bit extra! :)
  • Sue14
    Sue14 Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    iQueen wrote: »
    Not every bit of clutter needs to leave our homes - some just needs putting in its rightful place! Good work, Flowers! :A

I agree, if it's in the wrong place or not being used it's clutter, but in the right place or being used it's not clutter, so can be counted.

Today I found another sheet and one of OH's t-shirts for CS, and put an empty shower gel bottle, body spray can, and deodorant can in recycling.

Ditch 100 in May 78/100
    Weight loss challenge 2/10lbs

• somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bag for CS - part summer clothes cull, part book cull by DS
    Also had a mini de-clutter in the garden - found 4 perfectly serviceable storage boxes in the shed- they will be going in loft to help get that organised - I was thinking of buying some !

Also found beautiful framed print behind kitchen dresser - can't imagine how it got there - feeling a bit ashamed of myself for forgetting I owned it - it was a gift from an artist friend and I really do like it.
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Little_Miss_Naughty
    Options
    Had a great weekend for clearing out.

5 bin bags taken to the cs
    3 bin bags to the dump
    1 large box of crockery to cs
    40 items currently listed on eBay

It feels really good to clear things out. All the kitchen cupboards have been cleaned and sorted, 2 bedrooms de cluttered and another 2 to go then I will start on the dreaded loft.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #601
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    180 - 200) Items sold at a vintage fair on Saturday where I had a stall.
    More to go out as I found quite a lot when unearthing for the fair but haven't had chance to count and bag up.
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • iQueen
    iQueen Posts: 810 Forumite
    Options
    Felt like doing some indoor decluttering yesterday, in a spare moment. So I grabbed a bin-bag and just wandered round the house for 10 minutes, collecting about 12 items. Still have to sort them for donating/selling.

Any day now, I shall be getting an order of assorted plastic mail bags from Ebuy, so I can start selling clutter on there. :T
    Needs, NOT wants!
    No food waste since November 2010. :j
    No debts.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have had the biggest de clutter of my life.

My husband left me a couple of weeks ago, taking half the contents of the house with him. I did say he could take what he wanted to be fair.

I was told that my living room looked like

1) someone had done a runner or
    2) that I had been[FONT=&quot]burgled[/FONT][FONT=&quot] :eek:[/FONT]

Anyway spent most of the weekend tidying up the living room and finishing off the kitchen. It is amazing how long things are staying tidy now it is only me left in the house.

Now I have two bed rooms to tidy one is my study/ craft room :rotfl:and the other is my husbands bedroom. And the extension.

I even had to take some bin bags around the tip as I did not have enough room in my bin :rotfl:

I still have two boxes to go through of stuff but they are behind the door so I can take my time looking through those.

Mentally I feel so much better.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • pinkladyof66
    pinkladyof66 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    Options
    i am gonna give this a good going next month
    so far today
    1. sold beer fridge on f/b £40 to come
    2. sold baby wipes on f/b £3
    3. sold 31 cans of dog food f/b/ £8
    4. 8 packets of wipes to various people giving away
    5. 1 bag of charity shop items to go out on Wednesday
    6. Dustbin filled up with rubbish and overflowing
    7. Tons of recycling including cardboard left over from Xmas rotting in garden

Make £200 by end of January... £20.42/£200
    Grocery Challenge £200 pm Jan £0/£200
    January no spend days - 1/31
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Calley... I loved the difference KH leaving made in here.. unfortunately OH moved in 6 months later with a house full of stuff we are still finding room for 2 years later.. You will get through it all... give yourself time xx

1 carrier binned from my room.. another bit of floor found!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Calley... I loved the difference KH leaving made in here.. unfortunately OH moved in 6 months later with a house full of stuff we are still finding room for 2 years later.. You will get through it all... give yourself time xx

I think I am through it. We split between Xmas and new year and we only went public at the start of March and he found somewhere to live and moved out.

I am no way ready to start to live with someone else. I was worried about living on my own and now I am loving it. If there is a mess I made it and no one else. But just so much easier keep to tidy and clear.

Mind you it might be because there is not a lot of stuff left in the house:rotfl:

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family