PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Options

Comments

• iQueen
    iQueen Posts: 810 Forumite
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :D They're classics and there are only 5 items. And they're Per Una and I really like them. Haven't had them years, bought them in the last 1-2 years just porked it on a bit in the past few months. All my clothes fit on a 3 foot rail (with empty space) and in a 5 drawer chest-of-drawers so not exactly bursting at the seams.:D

Definitely hang on to them - we need an incentive to lose a bit of wieght, especially clothes we love! Not only that, we are trying to cut down on spending too! :T
    Needs, NOT wants!
    No food waste since November 2010. :j
    No debts.
  • iQueen
    Options
    Some great achievements posted so far this weekend so must keep up

The 3 items did go to the tip (sorry recycling centre as it is now called) yesterday
    I spent most of the afternoon listing items on EB but I won't count anything until sold and mailed
    I did declutter the hall table - a lot of things just needed to be put away where they belong but am counting the following
    26 - assorted flyers into recycling (where they should have gone in the first place)
    27 - small ceramic plaque hung on the wall where it was intended
    28 - while I had the picture hanging kit out I framed a stitching in a frame that was in the bedroom heap and then hung it on the wall
    29 - hung another already framed picture

30 - while making dinner noticed how horrible one of the chopping boards looked and remembering that I had a set of coloured coding ones I decluttered the new ones from the kitchen cupboard (which needs a good sorting out) and they are now in use
    So 30/100 so far

The more I look the more I see but I am determined not to be put off by the size of the task (the longest journey etc..) Being able to post my small achievements here does help - thank you :T

Not every bit of clutter needs to leave our homes - some just needs putting in its rightful place! Good work, Flowers! :A
    Needs, NOT wants!
    No debts.
  • iQueen
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend despite the miserable weather

Off to declutter some MORE brambles - weather here (in the West) is fabbo! :rotfl: You'll probably get it tomorrow! ;)
    Needs, NOT wants!
    No debts.
  • tiny_courageous
    tiny_courageous Posts: 1,275 Forumite
    Options
    more tidying than decluttering today, although have thrown out a lot of old magazines and put two coats for the charity shop.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    May flingage.. 99/100

3 letters to DD1
    5 items of clothing and 1 carrier to DD1
    1 carrier to DS1
    2 binbags rubbish from my room
    1 binbag of rubbish filled from kitchen worktop!
    6 items for DD1
    18 ebay items gone..
    1 binbag rubbish shifted from the landing, bedrooms and loo.. I even vacuumed!
    1 breastpump to DIL
    1 binbag of rubbish from the girls room
    2 pillows.. so far.. I am replacing all the pillows
    1 single duvet
    1 vacuum cleaner (or will have in a bit I am sneaking it in the bin when OH turns his back ;))
    1 plastic chest of drawers
    1 dead PS2
    1 random cable/powersupply thingy
    1 bucket of bathroom recycling
    1 broken shower hose
    38 books
    1 pair trainers
    2 empty boxes
    2 books and a pack of razors to DS1

from the top of the bathroom cabinet.. an empty diffuser, a box of shower curtain hooks, a shover curtain tieback (from 2 curtains ago) a pot of atheletes foot powder BBE july 2008, an empty cat food tin used to clean a paint brush 4 years ago! and an empty flat soap box...

6 binbags for charity shop.. not to be included until they are gone!

50 items on ebeast.. still only 1 bid.. :D

Oh my... I must find something else to fling!!!!

oh wait.. .. I missed something off..

1 broken toaster!!!!! = 100/100

My May challenge is complete!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Out.... Two 6ft conifer trees, one 3ft holly bush that must have self set in between me and my neighbours garden cause we aint planted it and he says he hasnt so its gone. Also a 6ft bush that was taking over. Ive got more plans but these things need to be done a bit at a time. I'm shattered now.:(
  • tiny_courageous
    tiny_courageous Posts: 1,275 Forumite
    Options
    In the spirit of decluttering, I've just made a new ironing board cover out of an old sheet that I was going to stick in the cloth recycling. Saves buying one!
  • Chocolatedrinker
    Options
    20 more things packed off to charity shop - 346/500
    Declutter 2024 in 2024 /2024 SPC = 13 £45.32 (2023) £64.89 (2022) £95.67 (2021) £305.16 (2020)Loan paid off! Credit card paid off!!! Debt paid off, debt free date 28/12/2020
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I've got a few more:

42 and 43 -two more dvds to sell

44- a load of polysterene packaging out with the rubbish

45 and 46- two bottles out

47 and 48- two empty toiletry containers out

49 and 50-two cups given to a neighbour

50 -62 various items of clothing to the cs

63-a broken torch in the bin
  • museumworker
    museumworker Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all, sounds like everyone's been busy!
    Had visitors this weekend, so not much time for decluttering - except gave them one 1950s coffee set they'd expressed a liking for on a previous visit. They were delighted to receive, and we are glad its gone to a good home :D.
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport