2012 100 Day Challenge

Options

Comments

• fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Certainly is a great feeling to use up something and then pop £1 into the pot and see the total grow instead of stockpiling things like shampoo and washing up liquid and so on!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • each_peach_pear_plum
    Options
    Shower gel and a conditioner used up last night/this morning, so £2 in the pot :)

Eppp
    VSP: #64
  • magni
    magni Posts: 651 Forumite
    Options
    I will allow myself to buy the new issue of Glamour with the free Benefit makeup. I'm after the That Gal primer. So far I've been to 4 shops and only found the Porefessional and Bad Gal mascara. I resisted these as I don't need them:A I already have some of them in stock:o but I'd love to try the That Gal if I can find it. And I love reading Glamour:)
    100 Day Pot £13
    £2 coin saver #205 £40 banked and £22
    Weekly Spend
    June NSD 9/10 DFW Nerd 54
  • urg123
    urg123 Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HI Everyone,

Ohh Magni - that's quite tempting. I have porefessional but I too wanted to try the primer. I'd be interested in what you think!

It's been far too long since I last posted. I can't even remember what I told you! I've not been doing well on the walking since we got back from hols!

In terms of use ups, I have been keeping a little update in my spending diary. Recently, I have used up:
    - 2 x body lotions
    - Night cream
    - night cream (sample)
    - deodrant
    - cleanser
    - mini toothpaste sample
    - normal toothpast tube
    - a bottle of body oil and
    - more cotton wool!

All together, I should have £19 in my pot for used cosmetics and beauty stuff. I still have loads to go! I really need to get back to using my nail things as I have absolutely tonnes of polishes - all from more frivolous days!

Off to put dinner together now.

urg x x
  • fedupandskint
    Options
    A face cream used up today and another one bought to replace it.

Quite a few things about to be finished off and emptied out soon
  • magni
    Options
    Urg I still haven't managed to track down a Glamour with That Gal in it. I'm thinking they don't exist:rotfl: I have now been to about 15 shops and they all have the other 2 but not That Gal:( I don't think this is a cooincidence. I have now given up. Maybe I'll buy it when I next need a primer but I've still got a few to get through:o
    100 Day Pot £13
    Weekly Spend
  • fedupandskint
    Options
    Used up a 400ml cleanser and 400ml toner which have been on the go for a long time. Onto the last one of each now and these were bought pre challenge days when I splurged all the time.

Once these have gone then its onwards and upwards to be released from the past

£2 into the pot
  • each_peach_pear_plum
    Options
    Small body butter used up today, 50p for that one I think :)
    VSP: #64
  • magni
    Options
    Used up a fabric conditioner yesterday so another £ in the pot:j

I got my hair cut yesterday which is expensive in itself but normally afterwards I would treat myself with some new makeup in Debenhams. a new haircut means a new look which means new makeup. Yesterday I did go into to Debenhams but was able to walk out again without buying anything:A I enjoyed looking but I really felt that there was nothing else that I needed and I feel so much better for it. I paid for my haircut in cash too. Normally I would've used a credit card:T
    100 Day Pot £13
    Weekly Spend
  • magni
    Options
    I bought a latte in McDs today. It's the first time in about a week that I've had one and I really enjoyed it. I'm happy enough to have cut down the latte spend dramatically though. Not sure if I could go the full 100 days without having to buy one:eek:

I've used up a sample size of Clinique DDML and I've almost finished a Clinique All About Eyes. £1 in the pot now and another one to follow very soon:T
    100 Day Pot £13
    Weekly Spend
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business