THE SUN £9.50 HOLIDAYS Start collecting tokens NOW!! **BOOKING OPEN**

Options

Comments

• rachell
    rachell Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Hi! The best one near Blackpool is Marton Mere. I have stayed there a number of times. I also like Cala Gran which is slightly further out but a better site.
  • Xlove2shopX
    Options
    We stayed at Carmathen Bay in Wales last October. We didn;t upgrade and the accommodation was adequate for what we wanted - a base in which to explore the area. We used the pool but did not do the entertainment (not really our thing) But we had a great time and it is right on a lovely beach, would be lovely if the weather was nice.
  • LaDiva_2
    LaDiva_2 Posts: 247 Forumite
    edited 5 January 2012 at 6:35PM
    Options
    We went to Hafan Y Mor at the end of September-we were lucky as we got the nice weather.

A nice park if you want to get away from it all.

Has anyone been to Parkdean Pendine Sands or Parkdean Trecco Bay? We are looking for a park that is central to places and things and also has things to do for our little one who will be around 19 months old when we hopefully go. I'm assuming we need to buy entertainment passes to use the swimming pool?
    DD1 born November 2010. DD2 born June 2013
  • silver_tiger
    silver_tiger Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 5 January 2012 at 6:55PM
    Options
    ladiva
    Trecco bay
    Theres plenty to do there a outside waterpark and a good park for the kids to play in you don,t needed the passes unless you use the club. you can have drinks and food in the sports bar no passes needed .you can pay to go swimming @ the door and you can walk in to porthcawl its about 15 min walk. trecco bay is better for the kids than pendine be to the 2 camps and found trecco bay better.:beer:

Silver Tiger
  • karent_2
    karent_2 Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Can anyone advise which of the parks near blackpool are the best.

I agree with Rachell. Marton Mere is very well located for Blackpool, but Cala Gran is a nicer park.If you plan to go into Blackpool for entertainment go to Marton Mere, but if you want to base yourself on site go to Cala Gran. There is a lovely farm park over the road from Cala Gran if you have kids.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    karent wrote: »
    I agree with Rachell. Marton Mere is very well located for Blackpool, but Cala Gran is a nicer park.If you plan to go into Blackpool for entertainment go to Marton Mere, but if you want to base yourself on site go to Cala Gran. There is a lovely farm park over the road from Cala Gran if you have kids.

:D Personally can recommend Cala Gran. Stayed there this year in March. Did want to catch the tram from Fleetwood into Blackpool but they were not running then as repairs :( But I will be going back.
    24hr Asda 10 minutes away.
    Fabulous Chinese Takeaway called Rose something & a Fish & chips shop opposite it.
    Easy drive into Blackpool & an Outlet Village also just up the road :T
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We stayed in Pontins Prestatyn in October & credit to them they are doing a major overhaul.
    We upgraded to a Club as I had read the reviews :eek: and it was fabulous. Had a sea view & a lovely apartment with good beds. I expect pretty much will have been done now with the overhaul so should be a lovely place again :)
    Used it as a base for going up The Great Orme in Llandudno by tram & then coming down by cable car :T Also went to Liverpool & saw the Antony Gormley statues on the beach at Crosby - incredible :)

Walked into Prestatyn & it's a nice town
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• beth01dog
    beth01dog Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    ariba10 wrote: »
    I know of people who take a small electric fan heater and an extension lead with then.

And I know people who take 2 - one for each bedroom!!! US!
  • blah11
    blah11 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    We've been to cala gran by blackpool and its clean and fine but very 'blackpool' if you get my drift haha. Not my scene hence why we don't use our entertainment passes! Its a really good location really close to a big asda, and the outlet village at fleetwood and theres a nice little farm on the same road if you have little kids with you.
  • bananasplit_2
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied to my question about blackpool.

Think I'll try Cala Gran first...got 2 kids who will love the farm etc and I drive so will be able to go into blackpool for tower and pleasurebeach etc.

I'm now on the case of saving up my tesco clubcard vouchers to use for pleasurebeach and tower he he.

Hope everyone gets the holiday they want x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport