Keeping up appearances.......

Options

Comments

• Dolphin1
    Dolphin1 Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Update on targets...

1) Eat/drink healthily/10 out of 12 NCDs - Not too bad on this front, currently on 2 out of 3 NCDs.

2) Exercise - Still going ok with the walking. Back exercises? Erm... :whistle:

3) Cut back on eating out - Nothing in the last few days.

4) Meal plan - Still going well. I've noticed a couple of things in the fridge that are nearing their use-by dates so they will be built in to the meal plan for the next few days.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This weeks targets gone out of the window. I’ve not even thought about them.....in my defence I’ve been fighting a cold, visiting hospital for scans and getting my head around it then to finish my week I ended up visiting close family member in hospital after he had an accident today.....I’m not planning much next week
    January spends - £587.58
  • HappyNow
    HappyNow Posts: 1,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    This weeks targets gone out of the window. I’ve not even thought about them.....in my defence I’ve been fighting a cold, visiting hospital for scans and getting my head around it then to finish my week I ended up visiting close family member in hospital after he had an accident today.....I’m not planning much next week
    Well that all sounds a bit rubbish. Hope next week is better for you.
    LBM Dec 2011. Aimed, but failed, to clear all unsecured debt by Feb 2019. Finally free of unsecured debt 21st May 21!

Debt Dec 11: Unsecured £69,579 + Mortgage £59,948 = £129,527
    Debt May 21: Unsecured ZERO! ZILCH! Mortgage £22,332
  • HappyNow
    Options
    Dolphin1 wrote: »
    1) Eat/drink healthily/10 out of 12 NCDs - Not too bad on this front, currently on 2 out of 3 NCDs.
    2) Exercise - Still going ok with the walking. Back exercises? Erm... :whistle:
    3) Cut back on eating out - Nothing in the last few days.
    4) Meal plan - Still going well. I've noticed a couple of things in the fridge that are nearing their use-by dates so they will be built in to the meal plan for the next few days.
    Go you! Now, those back exercises. You know you should.....
    LBM Dec 2011. Aimed, but failed, to clear all unsecured debt by Feb 2019. Finally free of unsecured debt 21st May 21!

• HappyNow
    Options
    Just a quick update, purely for showing off purposes.

1) Take better care of my body and health.
    Weight - This morning I weighed in at 8st 7.5lb!! Not quite target but I definitely saw the number 7 on that display. Bizarrely I celebrated with half a pizza for tea so it'll be back up again tomorrow. I did enjoy that pizza though, it'd been in the freezer since before Christmas.
    Calories - Still going well. The last two days have been green.
    Water - Tick.
    Exercise - Managed the full 10000 steps yesterday but nowhere near today. Fridays are long days at work (7.30 until 5) and when I get home I just cba.
    Sleep - last night was good. The night before wasn't.

2) Sixteen alcohol free days in January. Ten so far.

I bought some new shoes today and they weren't even in the sale. They were £39.50 from M & S but I really needed them to replace my work shoes and they are SO comfy. Comfort is everything.

• HappyNow
    Options
    Nothing much to report for the last couple of days because I've had a stinking cold. It's starting to clear a bit now, just in time for starting work on Wednesday.

I've kept to the healthy eating and the water drinking but haven't done any exercise other than a short walk on Sunday morning.

Not drunk any alcohol since the last update, so that's 12. By tomorrow night I'll be up at 14 because today and tomorrow are alcohol free - tonight I just don't feel like it and tomorrow I'm meeting a friend for a drink and will be driving. So, if I can muster a little self-control for the last three days of the month I will manage my target 16 alcohol-free days. I can't remember the last time that happened!

• bd80s
    bd80s Posts: 368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Colds are a nuisance, well done for not eating a load of rubbish to help you feel better!:T
  • Dolphin1
    Dolphin1 Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    milann - Hope you are having a better week than last week!

HappyNow - Sorry to hear about the cold, hope it clears up quickly. I agree with bd80s, well done for sticking with the healthy eating. You are doing far better with your no alcohol target than I am with my no crap target!

Update since last time...

1) Eat/drink healthily/10 out of 12 NCDs - I am eating all sorts of rubbish so suffice to say I have only managed 3 out of 8 NCDs so far. I'll try and get a couple more before the end of the month and then start afresh in February.

2) Exercise - Walking all good, back exercises not so much but guess what... I had a bad night in bed last night with my back so do you think it is trying to tell me something?

3) Cut back on eating out - Evening meal out last Thursday which was a bit pricey but very delicious and then a cheap breakfast out on Saturday. Nothing since and there will be nothing else this week.

4) Meal plan - This is proving difficult this week as OH is on a course and is buying his lunch (yes, technically eating out) instead of taking it with him so as I have no idea what he will be having each lunchtime, I am doing simple evening meals like beans on toast or soup and sandwich. Bascially, eating up what we have in the house.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Milann - you're having a tough time lately. Hugs.

Everyone seems to be doing well with their targets. Happy - can't think what it must be like to be 8st 7.5Lb! I think I was ten the last time I weighed in at that weight!:rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HappyNow
    Options
    Thanks everyone for dropping by and sorry for my own absence.

So, January is over and it's been a pretty good month. The round-up!

Take better care of my body and health.
    Weight - Final weight on 31st was 8st 7.8 so not quite to target but not far off. However I still have plenty of tummy fat and general wobbles! I'm going to carry on with the healthy eating and see how another month leaves me.
    Calories - Got sloppy in entering my food into Fitbit towards the end of the month but I'm confident I'm eating less and better.
    Water - Tick. I like this and I'm in the routine now.
    Exercise - More than 10000 steps most days.
    Sleep - Variable as ever.

2) Sixteen alcohol free days in January. I only managed 12 out of 16 but that's better than I've done in ages so I'm calling partial success rather than failure!

3) Pay at least £700 off the unsecured debt. Done, but it won't be happening in Feb unfortunately.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport