Lidl / aldi toilet roll recommend ?

Options
2»

Comments

• terra_ferma
    Options
    I was thinking about toilet paper today, I went from Waitrose's own brand, to Lidl then Andrex, and I found Lidl's the best, softer than W's (was like sanding paper) and thicker than Andrex
    However the roll inside was bigger than the others, meaning the rolls are smaller.

I find it impossible to compare toilet paper, because you can count the sheets but their size varies, so it's hard to know.
    Once I picked up a pack of Andres on special offer on a different aisle then the others, and it had smaller sheets than the full price one. You really can't win.
  • Emzbubbles
    Options
    I have recently started "bargain" hunting for everyday items like loo roll. I have tried a few own brand but the best by far is Nicky from Home Bargains. x
  • lollipopsarah
    Options
    Nikki are good for a £1, Lidl do a Florays (?) 3layer one for under £2 and they are really good.
    Their tissues are slaso brillliant, the only ones that don't break up in the washing machine
    xx
  • camNolliesMUMMY
    Options
    i get tescos daisy one i think its called? 9 rolls for 1.99, but would like to know how much the lidl ones are and the quality hate the ones that rip easily like public toilet paper:(
    Ds2 born 3/4/12 8lbs 8.5:j
    Ds1 born 28/4/07 9lb 8 :j
    Frugal, thrifty, tight mum & wife and proud of it lol
    :rotfl::j
    Make money for Xmas challenge 2014 £0/£270
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Aldi 'Value' rolls are fine, £1.69 for 12 (200 sheets per roll I think).
    Stompa
  • shelley_crow
    Options
    i buy the Nicky quilted toilet paper from B&M, it's around £1.69 for 12 rolls
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nikki are good for a £1, Lidl do a Florays (?) 3layer one for under £2 and they are really good.
    Their tissues are slaso brillliant, the only ones that don't break up in the washing machine
    xx

Yes, it's the one.
  • CAT££
    CAT££ Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nicky Toilet Roll is the best. Very soft and plenty of sheets on a roll. I buy pack of 9 from Home Bargains, but will be going to Farm Foods for the pack of 12.
    Cat :wave:
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We use the Lidl "recycling" ones, 10 for £1.79 and they're 250 sheets per roll. Can't recall the name and have thrown out the pack, but I do know it is green, and the loo rolls are perfectly OK, not luxury but they do the job. Anything else is money down the drain.

i buy these but mine are £1.49, prob different depending on area or maybe mine will jump up soon, there not perfect but there strong do the job and last ages, i don't see the point on buying fancy stuff at you really are fludhing money down the loo. I did buy tesco daisy ones which were ok but seemed to be very small rolls that ran out quickly, i don't count rolls really i just judge by how long a roll lasts us, because with some brands (like value) you need a few extra squares
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • lurkylurky
    Options
    I also use Nicky from Farm Foods. Be careful, though, I once bought a pack from Iceland and it was 2 ply. Farm Foods sell 3 ply and it's much better.

The rolls are 20m long. I think Andrex is longer at 25m (or it was last time I looked).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure