Please help - Avon Delivery - are they allowed to do this?

Options
Hello...Its my first post here so I hope I am doing this right!:confused:

I have been an Avon rep for a fair while now and have a garden shed where, as agreed with them, they leave parcels if I am not in when they deliver. - Today however, they have left my parcels at the other end of the county with another Rep (who I dont even know!) and are expecting me to go and pick it up from an address Ive never heard of!......The problem is that inside the delivery box will be all of my Avon account, address and payment details -
Is a delivery like this acceptable do you think? Surely it goes against the Data Protection Act?.....Any advice would be great....
thankyou.

Comments

• adminannie
    Options
    Hi I wouldnt accept this, phone them and ask for a redelivery. how would collect this if you didnt have a car to collect, they must surely delivery to the reps address (yours) Annie
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there any reason the other rep would open the box? Its a bit dodgy leaving a parcel in an open shed , who's responsibility would it be if it went missing? you can't really blame Avon for wanting to leave a delivery in a safe place.... could you not phone the rep and ask them to meet you halfway.?..
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • Busybody
    Busybody Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    Years ago I was a rep for Anne Summers they left one of my parcels at the next drop which was miles away, in the middle of a rough area that I did'nt normally frequent. I gave up soon after that. the stress of having to be in for ages in case the parcel came was doing my head in. :eek:
  • dustbag
    dustbag Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    thankyou both for getting back to me so quickly.....they wouldnt give me her phone number - or full name because it was confidential ...:rotfl: ..the shed is empty and only used for deliveries - avon bloke has a key..fair point to tanith, its not the safest idea i know.....i dont mean to sound like i dont trust the other rep, i dont want to judge without reason - she might be the nicest person ever, but im just so annoyed right now...:mad:
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just wonder why if the Avon bloke has a key why he did what he did.... Just an idea but couldn't Avon arrange with the other Rep to meet you or you give permission for them to give her your number?
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • dustbag
    Options
    cheers busybody....I think I will do the same with Avon, I cant be bothered with the hasle - i dont even drive!!!
  • Gabs_3
    Gabs_3 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    I had a delivery from a similar company placed at the side of my house by the bin - they got stolen. Even though my instructions were specifically to leave with a neighbour or take away. I phoned the company and insisted they re-send the order, the same thing happened and they had to re-send again. This time i was in when the delivery arrived but the guy confirmed he was the one that had put the items by the bin. The instructions were clear on his card but he just shrugged his shoulders. The comapny I rep for use a separate courier for deliveries but I placed the problem with the company and made them deal with the courier - that was not my responsibility.

I don't know if Avon have their own delivery service or if they use independent couriers but either way this is Avons responsibility. Insist they re-send your order and that they arrange the collection of the order they mis-delivered.

Good luck
  • dustbag
    Options
    thanks Gabs....will get on to it first thing.
  • gibby
    gibby Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Im surprised at Avon acting like this as they are one of the best firms out there
    they are backed by the OFT and DSA
    get back onto them
    - its the couriers fault or avons not yours - so avon have to sort it
    threaten to go to the dsa - mention customers are now waiting for the orders

a warning though - if you ask them to leave it with a neighbour or in the shed, and your not signing for it
    and they leave it on the doorstep or anywhere else and it is nicked - you are liable
    there is a daft clause that once you give special instructions it kills all insurance etc
    but as this is the fault of someone else you should not be held liable

you can not be held responsible for the problem - they must reissue with the original order

hope that helps

Gibby
    never take advice from broke or unsuccessful people

Jim Rohn
  • Mommy2two
    Options
    we had a £500 pound ring delivered once we werent in and the guy put a card in the letter box saying the parcel was in the wheelie bin :O

we checked the bin and nothing.....!

someone had obviously seen him out it in and took it

i called the company and played hell they sent another ring same thing happened again only this time they left it on my doorstep

i called them and went mad saying forget it and told them to stick my parcel and refund my money....

however a few hours later my door knocked and there stood my neighbour with the parcel and said she had seen the driver leave it there and decided to
    take it in for safe keeping

i didnt call the company and kept the ring there problem for not questioning the delivery company
    :A Tracey - Mommy of two girls on a mission to save money:A

Comping challenge 2007 win your internet fees's back:
    Costs £179.88
    Won £0.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business