PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• LisaJane
    LisaJane Posts: 355 Forumite
    i spent about £2.32 last night on crisps, a whoopsied pie and a big bag of whoopsied baking potatoes...took a mad notion tonight for smoked salmon which is so badly not mse!! must stop this as fridge/freezer is jam packed with stuff for dinners!! getting dinner tomorrow night in mum's. can't wait to start feb with a more realistic target!
    Save 12k in 2014 (my target: £10 000):
    My savings: £4878.54/£7000
    Joint account savings: £2685.57/£3000
    Total:£7564.11/£10 000 (as at 26/10/14)
  • Ariel Gel is on offer in Waitflower at the moment for £5 for the big pack (£4.79 for the small one!!).

Darn it! Not got one anywhere near.

Does anyone know if Mr A still price match? The used to at our store if you had a flyer but never advertised the fact that they did & I usually had to get the manager to come over as the poor checkout person had no idea how to put it through the till.
    majjak wrote: »
    I managed to get myself taken off in an ambulance last night :o - these blinkin palpitations and tachocardia are doing my head in ! No underlying heart problems showed up on an ecg, so off to docs (again) on Monday to see if they can sort it. I have a feeling it's blood pressure related but we shall see. I just hope I can go to bed tonight and not end up feeling like I did last night. (I fall asleep ok and it wakes me up).:(

Oh my majjak, that must be so scarey :( hope you're OK and the Dr comes up with something to help. Wishing you a undisturbed sleep tonight.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    £6.07 in Morrisons yesterday on potatoes (reduced), carrots, cherry tomatoes, tiger rolls (reduced), risotto rice, crisps and some southern fried potato slices which appealed to me as they look like chunky crisps. :p
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • Few spends in Mr T this week have raised the total to £184.30. Still a week to go. Mr FF is doing very well buying the cheaper brands but when shopping on his own the biscuits do creep back in... still it was a stressful week and I have to admit I was glad of my chocolate fix :)
    MFW 2024 £0/7500 Mortgage £129,500 Jan 22 Final payment June 38 Now £99,801.75 FP May 36 Emergency Fund £17,500 100% Added to ISA 24 £0 Save 12k in 24 #31 £0/20,000 Debt Free 31.07.14
  • looie
    looie Posts: 706 Forumite
    So far so good this month just added £17.96 to sig from today's shopping.

I bought another Kenco coffee whilst they are still on offer at t's and shape greek yohgurts are 3 for 2 so bought some of those aswell plus all the usual bits like milk, bread and pack up stuff :D
  • Im just popping in to update total £228.91 which is coming close to my budget I am going to be over as I planning on spending £35 in Morsions with a voucher to morrow which will see me right till the end of this week and end of my jan challenge, I need bread/milk/cat food and a few other essentials. Im starting next months challenge next Sunday with a shop at m and s with the last of the mocs. Finding it tough to come in on budget prices deffo on the rise. Next month is just 4 weeks so hopefully will come in slightly under to balance the books. I have spent £18 on takeaway food this month also when out and about with work, im gunna include this in the budget as discouragement to doing it regular I need to make sure its pack lunches all the way. see u all next week with the total and good luck to all on the challenge
    New to comping 11/2/2013

Feb wins to date: 0lympic messenger bag, £100 :beer:
  • £1.49 for a box of peppermint tea
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    NSD today and hopefully tomorrow as im not planning on going out .

have taken part in the no waste challenge and it really helps to focus the mind , making meals out of stuff you would have thrown away or freezing stuff before it goes off .

got some LO chicken for tomorrows lunch with mash , parsnips and peas , could do some yorkshires if it needs bulking out
  • p-pincher
    p-pincher Posts: 727 Forumite
    HI everyone

Another NSD today, only got £4 odd to last til Wednesday night so im being extra careful. Hopefully will just need bread and milk but you never know. Decided to take up the 2nd purse challenge, to be honest I had to read through it a couple of times to make sure ive got it but im not 100 per cent so we shall see, ive earmarked £20 a month (starting february officially) and i made a start and bought 6 sachets of blue dragon sweet and sour sauce thats the kids love as it the perfect size for the 2 of them, normally 60p-70p each but they were on offer for 3 for a £1.

Cant believe ive has three NSD in a row, not going anywhere tomorrow either so it will be 4. Usually fridays and saturdays are my worst days for buying bits and bobs that we dont need. I braved M & s and sainburys today but kept on talking myself out of things cos we didnt actually need anything. All of todays and tomorrows dinners, lunch and breakfast were from the freezer or storecupboard so im a very happy bunny x
    March 2014 Grocery challenge £250.00
  • elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    edited 22 January 2012 at 12:06AM
    Hello everyone! Although I didn't do the grocery challenge last year, I would like to rejoin this year (bit late sorry). I would be really grateful if you could put me down for the annual total of £2,450 that's from now to the end of the year. Thanks
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure