Judge gets Fed UP!

Options
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156153&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156136&contentPK=16522695&moduleName=InternalSearch&formname=sidebarsearch

My local paper has run this story about what our local judge has done. Perhaps you should mention this to your bank when you're reclaiming! :j
Claiming against Nationwide £2500
Others to come!

Comments

• consnmattsmom
    Options
    This and the other story about closing accounts is all good news for us all trying to claim back fees. I am feeling quite scared about the prospect of having to go to court but this makes you feel that we have the law completely on our side. :T
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's about time the banks were reprimanded for keep defending these cases and then settling out of court. We *know* they're unlawful charges, the bank *knows* they're unlawful charges, but still they act as if they're in the right.

Supreme arrogance from the banks whose legal teams know if they follow through in a court case, they will lose. They would hate to have the fact shown in court, they have been proved to be unlawfully ripping off customers.

Although a precedent wouldn't be set in a Small Claims Court, they still won't actually defend. It's all a technique to try and scare off as many customers as possible from claiming back the charges.
  • nel
    nel Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    3 cheers for District Judge Richard Toombs:T :T :T

oo oo oo can i have that judge please:wave: I'm in Lincolnshire:D
  • Working-Girl
    Options
    Are there any other links for news stories about Judges getting fed up with the tricks that these so called banks are doing?

I'm putting evidence together now just in case my case does go to Court as i know that i will be lost for words so i'm trying to get knowledgable so i can give a good case.

I didn't realise that Banks were so blantently corrupt, it's good to know that the law is on our side.

Banks make people who are living on the edge, go over the edge,a nd they exploit it, it's so wrong!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure