MSE News: Co-op cuts energy prices: will the big six follow?

Options
124»

Comments

• meggsy
    meggsy Posts: 741 Forumite
    Options
    Bark01 wrote: »
    This isn't a price decrease, they have just released a new time limited fixed product that is cheaper than its last product. OVO do not give names to their tariffs like other suppliers - this is in reality OVO Fixed Price V5 (don't know what the actual v number would be but you get my drift).

It is a few quid cheaper than anything else, but if the market is moving downwards do you really want to sign up to a short term fixed product that is competitive with the current market?

Thanks for pointing that out, and no I wouldn't fix, and currently happy with Cooperative Energy
  • kevin52
    kevin52 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    I have just taken out a 15 month fix with Npower because (unusually) fixed rates were cheaper than their variable contract. I can now see that this is to lock customers into current prices before market pressure and falling wholesale prices result in a price reduction. Beware!
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They are obviously keeping the prices high until after winter finishes.
    So, 1st March?
  • debutyou
    debutyou Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone found a way to also get cashback by joining the coooperative through a price comparison site that pays cashback on topcashback or quidco etc, on top of the £50 which is direct from Cooperative?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure