comet auction wrong item delivered

Options
13»

Comments

• FunnySaving
    Options
    Did you ask for a loaner fridge freezer for the Christmas period?
  • AndyBSG
    AndyBSG Posts: 986 Forumite
    Options
    First off, tell them you would like to speak to a supervisor or manager and are prepared to wait for a call back if one is not available at present.

Ask them for an address to write a written complaint to and also the contact details of their press office that you can pass on to Watchdog, Ripoff Britain etc who you are going to contact with regards to the matter as well as the address details to direct small claims legal papers to and those of their ombudsman.

Also ask for the Manager you speak to's E-mail address.

Also, point out to them that their T&C's do not mean it is possible for them to ignore the law and that under the 'Loss of bargain' provisions they are clearly responsible for 'Causation and Contributory Negligence' by listing the wrong product and in fact listing an auction they could not fulfill.

Once you've gone through all of that, calmly, if they don't then offer you compensation then start writing E-mails to all of the consumer shows you can and make sure to CC the Manager in on every single one of them.

I spent 7 phone calls and about two hours arguing with Sky over a 2 month delay on my installation and got nowhere. As soon as I cc'd the manager of Customer Services who's E-mail address I found on the Internet in on the Mails I was sending to Watchdog etc I was offered substantial compensation within 4 hours
  • coolcraig
    Options
    for all the advice and help thanks much appreciated
  • Noctu
    Noctu Posts: 1,553 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Appalling service. I wonder if it's worth a call to your local Trading Standards?

Can't hurt!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport