🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Wrong Phone Number

Options
Hi

I keep getting calls from 08456016304. I get these calls around mid to late afternoon every weekday. Conveniently, I am usually at work or university at the time so I miss them. However, when I call the number back I get an automated message saying that someone has called me from the Lloyds Banking Group, and one of the following companies: Lloyds TSB, Halifax, Bank of Scotland and Sainsbury's Bank.

I managed to pick up the phone on Tuesday and they said it was Lloyds TSB, asking for someone called Rebecca __. I didn't know this person at all. I told them they had the wrong number and they politely hung up.

Now, after this, they still call me. Again, I keep missing them. What can I do? Is there someone I can complain to? Or would you recommend me calling them up and complaining?

I check my accounts and credit report on a regular basis, so there's no identity fraud possibilities here.

Please advise, and many thanks in advance :)

Comments

• scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    Ask them to remove your number from the system as it's incorrect for the person they're after.
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Options
    just ignore them, they will stop eventually, I imagine they are just sales calls or "claim back PPI" calls, or similar, or even a scam.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Are you registered with TPS? If yes then report them to TPS. If not then register, THEN report them.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    Are you registered with TPS? If yes then report them to TPS. If not then register, THEN report them.

Would be better reporting to ICO tbh. They've effectively been told their data is incorrect and have failed to amend/delete their records as necessary to ensure their data is accurate - which is a breach of DPA.

However ICO may ask for proof they have been contacted.

You could try the TPS and if the calls persist, write a letter to them recorded delivery (keeping a record for your own use) stating your own details, that you would like your number removed from their records and why (that the phone number is incorrect for the person they are trying to contact). Tell them you are informing them of the error so they can update their records to comply with DPA.

If they still persist, then report them to ICO.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport