25$ = £25? Help Needed!

Options
Hi All,

I have recently bought a program online which is listed here - http://www.archersoft.com/order.htm - 1 User = $25.

So i thought at the current exchange rate i would be charged £15 odd for it.

However at the checkout, the totals were £25.

I have contacted RegSoft who handle the checkout system.

I just wanted to check with you guys that this does indeed sound wrong and i am in my rights to claim? I believe its an American company.

Cheers!
My Support is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. While a knowledgeable and skilled professional, I cannot offer any guarantee as to the consequences of the Support provided. Should the Support cause damage or loss of any kind, I shall not be held liable.

Comments

• bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    My total comes in at £16.83 for the product and £3.68 for an extended download service which you can't remove so £20.51
  • Scarpacci
    Scarpacci Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    edited 8 December 2011 at 4:27PM
    Options
    How did you pay? I notice some of the payment options incur additional fees, which might explain it. Or perhaps there was a problem using one of the USD only payment methods?

When I try it, like with bris, it's converting the currency into pounds and doesn't appear to be charging £25 for me.

Strictly speaking, they could charge Americans $25 and Brits £25 if they wanted, if that's the price they say they'll charge during checkout. It's not uncommon for US companies to apply a £1=$1 conversion rate when pricing here. The issue is whether they charged you a price you didn't agree to at checkout and why that was the case.
    This is everybody's fault but mine.
  • somethingcorporate
    Options
    Same as the above, if you appeared as £25 on the final page before asking for payment then you have offered £25 for this product / service.

If it says $25 and nowhere has a conversion then you could probably inquire further - although investigating the website it does appear to convert the order to ~£21.
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • texranger
    texranger Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Options
    bris wrote: »
    My total comes in at £16.83 for the product and £3.68 for an extended download service which you can't remove so £20.51

this is exactly what i get and yes you CAN remove the extended download service all you do is click the bin icon next to the service name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure