We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Holiday Insurance
Deedee9
Posts: 29
Forumite
Hi - wonder if anyone can help - I recently claimed on my travel insurance as I was unfit to fly, they have not refunded the tax paid on my flight ticket within the USA, and they stated that they do not refund taxes.
My query is - why??? You cannot buy the ticket without the taxes and you cannot fly if you haven't paid the full price. What concerns me is that a transatlantic flight can sometimes be more tax than flight cost, so is this something new???
I have never claimed for a cancelled flight before - or holiday, which again surely contains taxes, just not shown seperately....
Thanks for any help! - I may just need to change insurers!!
My query is - why??? You cannot buy the ticket without the taxes and you cannot fly if you haven't paid the full price. What concerns me is that a transatlantic flight can sometimes be more tax than flight cost, so is this something new???
I have never claimed for a cancelled flight before - or holiday, which again surely contains taxes, just not shown seperately....
Thanks for any help! - I may just need to change insurers!!
0
Comments
-
It's perfectly normal as you have to claim back the taxes direct from the airline.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
