Options
13»

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 September 2012 at 11:47AM
    Options
    I am normally so careful and MSe, but noted £5 cashback available for paying £1 to receive an Angry Birds toy which the kids rave about. When you sign up it asks for all sorts of confirmations including sending something out to your address. I understood that I had cancelled but noted on checking my credit card statement that they had taken £45 :eek:. I have cancelled again on their website.

During the cancellation process they are very careful to point out where they have told you that you are signing up for a £45 monthly subscription if you do not cancel. They include links to the emails, links to their terms and conditions etc - as a result, no doubt they have covered themselves legally that they told you it would be £45 and it is my/our fault for not reading the not-so-small print.:o

That said, it is a form of scam as I cannot for the life of me see how £45 (or indeed anything) is justified for a site where you are collecting points towards free gifts - £5 for Quidco and similar sites is justified (but most are now free, like TCB etc). £45 per month is more than I pay for my mobile, electricity, gas ...

Has anyone managed to get their £45 back?

Has anyone reported them to their bank/credit card company and had any joy?

Do I just have to put this down to being gullible/stupid and move on, or is there any redress for falling for this "offer"?

I note on their website that it said if you were from the Irish Republic you were not eligible or VIP Membership - thinking out loud but have the authorities covered this type of scam there and our consumer protection people/legal/politicians need to change something?

Many thanks

Anon
  • Kano42
    Options
    fell for the same angry birds trick as most others and became suspicious after offer kept sending me into a loop of other offers so further investigation lead me here and after reading the previous posts attempted to unsubscribe and the site is not responding by sending the password emails to allow me to do so, will try again tomorrow.
  • MKHelen
    MKHelen Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    They are a buch of rip-off merchants. How they sleep at night is beyond me.
    All I can say is DO NOT TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLE! I am, as you may have guessed absolutely livid!
    Helen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport