🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

5% off vouchers for almost ANY shop! (mov £100)

Options
Found this on my company's intranet. For every £100 worth of vouchers you buy, you get a 5% discount and there's free delivery. It doesn't seem to be specific to my company either so should work for anyone, if any questions are asked just put down the name of any investment bank.

http://www.farepak.co.uk/xexec/directgoods.asp

Sure, 5% isn't a lot, but if you make any big purchases like an LCD/Plasma TV, this could save you a few hundred pounds.

Comments

• Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Seems reasonable to me, if you spend £100 a month in Sainsburys you could save £60 a year this way.........shame they don't offer Tescos vouchers, I'd be abel to save a Kings ransom ;)
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,556 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds excellent. If I get a month's worth of Sainsbury's vouchers at a time - wow . . . better get my calculator to work this out.
    Thanks loads for this - could be handy for Christmas as well (cos that'll turn up sooner than we think). :D
  • andrewb6k
    Options
    no probs. let's hope I don't get fired eh? ;D
  • bchookang
    Options
    Sure, 5% isn't a lot, but if you make any big purchases like an LCD/Plasma TV, this could save you a few hundred pounds.

5% is not to be sniffed at surely ;)! After all, we are willing to shuffle around our credit cards every year or so to save 0.5-1% on our purchases or avoid a 2.65% loading fee.

My concern is that this does just seem like free money, if you are going to spend the vouchers anyway (which is likely in places like Sainsburys). Is there a catch? Has anyone actually received vouchers yet?

If it's bona fide Martin should put it on his site!
  • Sooler
    Sooler Posts: 3,108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Choice vouchers are redeemable at loads of stores ...... handy if you select 20 £5 vouchers.

Adams Childrenswear, Argos, B&M Bargains, Beefeater, Benson Beds, Bhs, Boots, Brantano Footwear, Brewsters, Comet, Contessa, D2 Men & Women, Dewhurst the Butcher, Dolcis, Ernest Jones, Ethel Austin, Fabric Warehouse, Fads, Farmfood Freezer Centres, Goldsmiths, Halfords, T J Hughes, Index, J.J.B. Sports, La Senza, Littlewoods, MK One, Mothercare, Optical Express, Partners Stationers, Peacocks, Peter Briggs, Rosebys, H. Samuel, Shoe Express, Shoefayre, Shoe Zone, Stead & Simpson, W H Smith, Walmsleys, Warner Bros, Woolworths, Woolworths Big W.
  • freestyle_3
    Options
    This sounds like a moden stamp collecting type thing.

You know (ICELAND I think still do it) you put in 48 quid in poound coins and have a 50 quid book (ie 2 quid FREE)

Think Co-OP also do it

However, for several occasions my company has given vouchers out to employees when it's doing well. This is normally over and above xmas bonus etc.

I've always thought to myself "These companies must offer some incentives to bussiness to buy vouchers from them." ie. buy 100 quids worth of vouchers for 95..... and this seems to be what we have here

SAVE EVEN MORE WITH THIS DEAL
    • Get the vouchers for £100 cost to you £95 (saving of 5%)
    • Open an account card with for example debenhams (save an extra 10%)
    • If you can wait to do this when they have their SPEND 25 get 5 pound vocher offer you save once again

Example
    Start of with 4 shirts costing £26 each

This would normally cost you £104.
    You can save %5 + 10% + the extra vouchers you get back.

Sorry not very good example, I'm sure you know what I mean..
  • RufusA
    RufusA Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    A similar scheme which has a very slightly different set of vouchers available is:

http://www.bringmevouchers.com

Bringme is a company benefit scheme managed by Lloyds TSB (but available to many companies).

HTH - Rufus.
  • TheDink
    TheDink Posts: 443 Forumite
    Options
    My previous employer offered a similar scheme - buy vouchers through them and they would deduct it from your monthly pay, but you got more vouchers than you paid for. I think it is legit.
  • roony
    roony Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    vouchers arrived today, £200 sainsbury's for £190. took 2 days. came first class registered. cant fault this one!!! ;D
  • ice9_2
    ice9_2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I spend around £400 per month with sainsburys - with these vouchers I'll be saving £20 a month.
    What a great tip! Nice one andrewb6k!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family