Very concerned (banks winning?)

Options
Hi guys

I heard something rather disturbing today and wanted to check to see if the banks had started gaining the upper hand when it came to court.

To cut a long story short, someone my mum knows went to court to get a deposit bank from her ex-landlord. She won. But she said all the local banks were there versus individuals, one at a time and the individuals left court looking very dejected. Leaving me to believe the banks were winning.

Has something new developed? This would have been in Devon, presumably Torquay (maybe Newton Abbot)
I've just started entering the competitions (July 07). When I win I'll update this signature. Look on the bright side, I shouldn't have to update it very often.

Comments

• beardyskintPaul
    Options
    Very interesting, a quick scout about the usual news sites hasn't revealed anything, and it WOULD be big news really wouldn't it ? :)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,257 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They might not have been charge reclaim cases, there would be several other reasons why a bank would be in court against an individual.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Rex_Mundi
    Rex_Mundi Posts: 6,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about this too much. I've had a scan around the other sites helping with bank charges, and can't find a sniff of any successes yesterday. This makes me think there weren't any.

As soolin points out, they could have been there for many various reasons, not only bank charge cases.

From the reports back from so many people about how the banks are dealing with these cases. I also find it extremely unlikely they would all decide to turn up on one day in one particular court to change their strategy.

If there was anything in this. It won't be too long before we get news of it. Somehow, I doubt this is the case.
    How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Fish
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport