how to repair damage in a plastic bath?urgent

Options
while messing with shower today the handle came of it-heavy mixer type shower and the main body of shower fell into bath putting a nice rounded crack into it-bath is only 4 weeks old and just been tiled in so am not a happy bunny-i reckon i can fill the hole with the fibre glass repair stuff u use on cars but what do i do about painting it on top-obviously spraying the repair afterwards be better finish but what paint should i use for a white bath-any better suggestions as what to do as i dont want to have to get bath out now as only 4 weeks old and newly tiled in-need help please-tried asking round plumbing shops but none could help-can you ?

Comments

• aussielle
    Options
    Can't you just claim on your insurance for a new bath?
    Laughter is the sun
    that drives winter
    from the human face
  • doodle_bug
    Options
    claim on insurance, I nearly got a new bathroom when the same thing happened to me, they'll pay for tiling as well
  • Chriswil
    Chriswil Posts: 276 Forumite
    Options
    We had a similar thing when the shower head holder gave way and the pole chaffed the bath and scooped out a large chunk.

The house builder brought in a plastic surgeon who was able to fill the holes and buff back to smooth. They also removed a burn mark on a window frame and filled scratched on a kitchen worktop.

I've had a bit of trouble finding a website for this because you can imagine what typing 'plastic surgeon' into google does, but I tried 'plastic surgeon bathroom' and one of the sites was:-

http://www.the-plastic-surgeon.co.uk/Presentation/root/bathroom1.htm

I am in no way affiliated to this company, but the link shows the sort of stuff they, and companies like them can do. Can't harm to get one of these firms out for a quote can it?

Hope this helps,

Chris
    Waddle you do eh?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills