Tom Tom updates

I'm off on an epic adventure this weekend around the country.

Can anyone help me with how to update my Tom Tom to get latest safety camera positions, etc. without having to pay!!!!!!!

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks....

Comments

• https://www.pocketgps.co.uk i think

Its a few quid but believe me its worth it!

You won't get it without paying :)
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • How often do you update?
  • Cameras? I haven't updated for about a year and its still fine! The only ones that change are temporary cameras on the M6 but i'm in Stafford in the middle of all the works atm anyway so dont really need them...

General inner city speed cameras though, they don't change regularly at all! In fact apparently they'll be removing speed cameras from the streets now where accidents are down, so I'm not going to pay for cmaeras to be removed :p
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    [/FONT]
  • Little_John
    Little_John Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    checkout bit torrent, people usually torrent the pocket gps poi database within a few hours of the updated release.

I am sure pocket gps won't be happy with that info but hey this is money saving. The service is well worth paying for BTW
  • if you look past its amatuer appearence this site has an awesome amount of free downloads. the best ive seen by far.

All sat navs, all POI

https://www.satnavpoints.co.uk
    The Optimist and the Pessimist
    The difference is a droll
    :D The Optimist sees the doughnut :D
    :mad: But the Pessimist see the hole :mad:
  • checkout bit torrent, people usually torrent the pocket gps poi database within a few hours of the updated release.

I am sure pocket gps won't be happy with that info but hey this is money saving. The service is well worth paying for BTW

If I were you Little John, I'd edit that post and delete it before I (or someone else) reports it :) No discussion of torrenting is allowed.
    [/FONT]
  • https://www.pocketgps.co.uk i think

Its a few quid but believe me its worth it!

You won't get it without paying :)

Don't forget that if you send a new camera (1st person to do so I think) to pocketgps they reward you with a free lifetime subscription to the speed cameras, but if like me you just want to use them pay your 20 odd quid for the year and be done with it.

Will cost you a lot more the 1st time you are caught speeding !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure