HSBC security number letter.

ferry
ferry Posts: 2,008 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
Can I just quickly please check something with you please guys..

Following my application for a HSBC card I have received a letter requesting that I set up a security number and send it back by post using their pre-addressed envelope.

Has anyone else received this,is it normal to do this post etc..?

Sorry,maybe me being over cautious but thought I'd check before I send it back.

Cheers
T.
:j

Comments

• I got a letter like this once, phoned them to ask whether it was genuine or not, and HSBC said they had no record of such a letter being sent to me!! I had been with them for a long time, and had already set up my security number.

I took it into my branch along with the envelope for them to investigate further.

I think you will need to set up a security number, but just to be sure you should go into a branch and set it up there :)
  • ferry
    Sounds like good advice

Many thanks
    T.
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    if you are referring the the security number for internet assess you can do everything on the phone in about 2 minutes
  • ferry
    Yes the intenet access security password thingy..
    Out of interest if I cant do that straight away would that hold up sending me the card..?

Thanks for the ongoing advice..

T.
  • Hi

I recieved this letter about the security number for my new HSBC card. I too thought is was dodgy to have to send my details through the postal system, so I went to my local branch to ask if they could put it in their internal mail and they told me that they would only go down the post box and put it in there !! I was not impressed with their service at all.

Anyway the card arrived a few days after I had sent this off and to validate the card I needed the security number, so I guess it might hold up the card if you dont send it off.

Cheers

Duke
    Easy Money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills