IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Mr

Options
I have been issued with parking tickets three times recently on each occasion I was a few minutes late back at the car or on one ocasion I was five minutes late in arriving at the car where the residents parking zone restrictions commenced at 9 a.m. On each occasion I wrote to the council advising that the fine was disproportional at £120 for a five minute transgression and as a pensioner whose State Pension was £100 per week, it was in contravention of my Human Rights that such a charge was levied.

On all three occasions, I never heard anything more!
Can anyone provide input relating to this? I would state that I had warned the Councils concerned that I was quite prepared to take the entire matter to the ECHR. Yes, I would and would handle the legal issues myself. It is not that complex. I wonder if, as three separate tickets were ignored in similar circumstances, if I really have found a legitimate defence against the iniquity of such outrageous impositions for such minor transgressions. Needless to say if I ever I do get a ticket against me in such circumstances, I will treat it as an opportunity to take it the whole way and of course, if sucessful it will create a binding precedent which would shatter the nasty, evil council run extortion racket from motorists, fines being disproportional and exceeding the weekly State Retirement Pension. The time has arrived to fight.

I have always fought parking tickets and never lost a case yet. At a tribunal on one occasion I was advised by the adjuducator that the evidence submitted by the Council PROVED that they were lying and on another occasion the adjudicator was shocked and angry that the matter had ever been referred by the Council to the adjudication service as it was clear that health issues were the reason for not getting back to the car in the prescribed time as ample evidence as requested by the Council had been supplied by me and the Doctor but totally ignored by the Council's own appeal process.

Comments

• HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Peter. Nice to see someone prepared to play the councils at what they believe is their own game. ECHR, now that's reasonably serious. :cool:
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    it was in contravention of my Human Rights ...

While I commend you for fighting these tickets, citing the Human Rights Act is plain stupid. When will people learn that shouting Human Rights whenever someone does something you don't like makes you look like a tit, and is fodder for the tabloids?

Unless, of course, you can point me at the clause that says you can't be fined for overstaying your parking.

Fight the tickets - yes. Use sensible arguments and existing laws/precidents relating to them - yes. Crying Human Rights - no.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    I do have my doubts about the sensibility of fighting the council this way, I fear that this may yet come back to bite the OP as he says he heard nothing, no cancellation or anything. If he has truly got them cancelled then good for him.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure