🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

1899 and 18866 Nightmare!

Options
I have been with both companies for several months and have the same credit card registered for payment with them. But every month they block my account with 18866 as they say that my 1899 payment has been declined. When I check with the credit card company they say that no payment has been requested, let alone declined. Every other month, the problem seems to have resolved itself but not last month and I am still unable to use 18866 as they have blocked it. I must have sent 30 mails to them asking them to contact me but each time I get a bog standard reply saying to go to the site and reset my payment details - but the site will not let me do that - it just says there is an error. This is driving me round the bend! As they have no call centre I cannot speak to anyone and they will not respond to my emails asking for someone to call me. Can anyone please help with this problem?

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    lindy8 wrote:
    ... the site will not let me do that - it just says there is an error.
    Try to solve this problem first!
    Do not let you to do what? Check your account (log-in)? Change your details?
  • dave2986
    dave2986 Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    ^ reset his payment details

I would just cancel the whole account and start fresh again
  • lindy8
    lindy8 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    As soon as enter my log in details, it just says that my account is blocked and although I can enter the place to change my payment details, it just comes up as error when I enter the new info.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Agree with Dave2986 that it is worth closing your account in such a situation (‘unsubscribe from 1899’ in ‘your personal details’ window) and then opening account again. If you cannot close it send a e-mail asking to do this and explaining that you cannot do it yourself.

P.S. Have you tried to use some other computer?
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are going to close your account and set up another try setting up the next one with your mobile number, then once it has set up add in your landline number.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport