Misleading online discount scheme

Options
Dear All,

Anyone has got a Taste Card? After a month trial I decided to buy one for £30. But slowly I found out many restaurant actually are not offering 50% discount for total food bill at all as it is advertised on Tastecard website ' how to use your tastecard'.

On their website says: Please ensure you present your tastecard when requesting the bill to receive either 50% OFF the total food bill or 2 meals for the price of 1

50% OFF the total food bill means that multiple diners can eat and receive a 50% discount on food with just 1 tastecard. Please check the individual restaurant notes for maximum numbers permitted per tastecard booking.

But when I asked for bills at most of the restaurant, none of their bills are actually 50% off the food. I asked all of the restaurant, and every one of them said that the taste card only allows customers to have the dishes in A la carte menu. I tried the 2 for 1 offer as well, it actually meant the cheapest dish free in each course, therefore, if you order two different priced dishes the cheaper one is free, how could this be 50% off? My bill worked out actually only 44% off food. So how this is sound for their advertisement of 50% discount for Total Food Bill?

I called Taste Card, and they said yes the card is standard for a la carte menus, not Total Food bill. So why do you say total food bill on your website then? I complained. She told me some excuses that did not make any sense and hang up on me when I asked for refund.

Has anyone else had same experience? Please reply here. I would like to collect all of your complaints and forward it to Taste Card and the Advertising Standards Authority.

Best, look forward to hearing from all of you. :money:

Michael

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills