Options
1235»

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    monaleezza wrote: »
    Please elaborate. How does writing a blog make you money?

If you have adverts on your blog then you can get paid when someone clicks on that advert (but there are checks in place to make sure you don#'t click on your own ads)

The same thing can be setup on YouTube if you have any videos that might be of interest to other people. Some of the most bizarre things can get huge numbers of hits. One I shot of a lorry fire on the way home from work has got over 350,000 hits and has ads on it so any clicks earn money.

Overall I'm getting £60-£90 per month from ads so not masses of money but once the hard work is done much of it is self sustaining.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • acstokes
    acstokes Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Set up a cleaning, ironing and general odd jobs business - Doing the things that people dont like doing or just dont have the time to do. For the cost of using your ome printer, youre set up....

got to be worth a puntfor zero set up costs....
    So little tolerance for those who's ignorance will be their downfall....
  • ^opm^
    ^opm^ Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    If you have adverts on your blog then you can get paid when someone clicks on that advert (but there are checks in place to make sure you don#'t click on your own ads)

The same thing can be setup on YouTube if you have any videos that might be of interest to other people. Some of the most bizarre things can get huge numbers of hits. One I shot of a lorry fire on the way home from work has got over 350,000 hits and has ads on it so any clicks earn money.

Overall I'm getting £60-£90 per month from ads so not masses of money but once the hard work is done much of it is self sustaining.

Can i ask how many different video clips you have on your youtube account? - also to be a member that has ads on youtube dont you have to regularly upload popular clips?
  • mandragora_2
    mandragora_2 Posts: 2,611 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dog walking, if you're experienced and confident with them. Now's quite a good time, as people may be back to work, or off on holidays. My brother has two lively, strong dogs. While he's away my mum will house-sit for them, but can't walk them - so if there was a card in a local shop window, I know he'd buy that service!
    Reason for edit? Can spell, can't type!
  • lauraj87
    lauraj87 Posts: 290 Forumite
    Options
    ^opm^ wrote: »
    Can i ask how many different video clips you have on your youtube account? - also to be a member that has ads on youtube dont you have to regularly upload popular clips?

I'd be interested to find out this too.... I knew you could upload videos, didn't relise you could earn from Youtube
    Member of Quidco and Dooyoo

Working on building some savings for 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family