I need ways to make £50 quickly!

Options

Comments

• Pocket-Money
    Options
    If you are online a lot, you can do some paid-to-click stuff. This won't get you rich but might add up to a few additional bucks each month.

Cheers,

Pocket-Money
    $2012 in 2012 member #68 - $157.36/$2012
  • dl5543
    dl5543 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Hi!

There are a few sites out there where you can sell your books for cash, I don't know if you have any you could get rid of - but it might be worth a try!

I've used We Buy Books in the past.

Good Luck anyway!
  • JennyJewell
    JennyJewell Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    Options
    On facebook there are local buy and sell groups and you can try Ebay - I think local buy and sell listings tend to be quicker though.
    Good luck :)
    Everything happens for a reason :)
  • bigsaving
    Options
    Cleaning in always a good thing, charge about £8- £10 an hour and think about ironing clothes too. Put an ad in the local shop or post office.
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    There has to be a catch there somewhere............:cool:

William Hill aren't a charity!

You need to be numerate.
    You need to have a float of about £300.
    Given these two things, you can make £65.50 just from signing up with Betfair and doing £75 of matched bets (doing the £75 of matched bets might cost you a fiver, probably less). You should also make money from the bookie you do your matched bets with.
    You will NOT be gambling, and can withdraw all your money once your bet has settled.
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • monaleezza
    Options
    lovetoearn wrote: »
    If you good at writing...get into Blog writing (Write blog posts that are polished and not overly personal)

i agree Freelancers and small businesses desperately need help running their businesses, you should definitely give this a shot!

Moreover, you can try Amazon Web Services...its pretty awesome!

Please elaborate. How does writing a blog make you money?
  • teeb
    teeb Posts: 392 Forumite
    Options
    monaleezza wrote: »
    Please elaborate. How does writing a blog make you money?

Two methods.

1. If you can write well, have a proven track record and have an audience of your own already, a company that run blogs can employ you, and either pay you per article / per word or an annual salary. This is journalism, but online - you write, they publish. The downside is that you are very unlikely to be able to email them saying "Hello, I am Mrs Person and want to write blog articles for you, please pay me".

2. The common method is to start your own blog (there are plenty of free blog template websites such as blogger or wordpress) and write blog articles there. This would be unpaid to start with, but if enough people visited your blog you could make money selling adverts (such as using Google's AdSense/AdWords scheme). This would not make you rich quick - you would need to build up a reader base, keep them loyal, and attract more people to the site in order to make it worthwhile. Again, many people have blogs with adverts (myself included) but very few receive any money from them (myself included). Tips : pick a topic / niche and stick to it, make sure your writing is entertaining, consider shelling out the £5 (or however much it is) to get a catchy web address (such as https://www.thisismyblog.co.uk or whatever).
  • merlot123
    Options
    DianaLord wrote: »
    Hi!

There are a few sites out there where you can sell your books for cash, I don't know if you have any you could get rid of - but it might be worth a try!

I've used We Buy Books in the past.

Good Luck anyway!

I wouldn't recommend we buy books, they pay far too low a price for books.

Example, I have a book which I looking to sell, their is only one on Ebay priced at £60.84, We buy books offered £4.32.

I have popped it onto Ebay with a start price of £29.99 and have bidders already.

It's free to list at 99p on Ebay for individual buyers. If you need money quickly, then list anything which isn't stuck down.
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    merlot123 wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend we buy books, they pay far too low a price for books.

Example, I have a book which I looking to sell, their is only one on Ebay priced at £60.84, We buy books offered £4.32.

I have popped it onto Ebay with a start price of £29.99 and have bidders already.

It's free to list at 99p on Ebay for individual buyers. If you need money quickly, then list anything which isn't stuck down.

Thats assuming Webuybooks will make you an offer in the first place.

Along a similar line you can get rid of old clothes, shoes, bags and bedding for somewhere around 50p a kilo from any number of clothing recyclers ranging from Recycle to Cash for Clothing and WeBuyClothes.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,648 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    merlot123 wrote: »

As with Amazon, some eBay sellers ask ridiculously over the top prices for certain titles. I've seen some "Buy it Now" only books at over £100, yet Completed Listings show an identical book selling for less than £20.

But it may be that We Buy Books are not aware of every book's true value rather than just plain greedy.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure