Reclaim Bank Charges

Options
Morning Guys and Girls

When this topic was discussed all those years ago, like everybody else i put a claim in and found out that i was entitled to claiming back over £3000. I put a claim in and was put on Hold then later closed once the court made its decision and i left it at that.

Now, I'm reading on this forum that I could of claimed Financial Hardship... which i wasn't aware of at the time.

I have since moved house and lost most (if not all) of the past paper work i had.

Due to the large amount of money, would it be worth me starting the claim from the beginning again, this time going through the financial hardship route? or would it not make much difference?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    found out that i was entitled to claiming back over £3000.

No such entitlement has ever existed. You were entitled to make a complaint and see how they handled the complaint but that is all.
    Due to the large amount of money, would it be worth me starting the claim from the beginning again, this time going through the financial hardship route? or would it not make much difference?

Are you currently in financial hardship and are you currently incurring charges? If so, then yes you could complain and ask for a refund of charges. If you are not currently in hardship and incurring charges then its too late typically.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure