Am I being thick? (Amazon feedback)

Hi all, i very rarely sell on Amazon but have sold a couple of things recently.
I sell a fair bit on ebay and usually leave feedback as soon as the buyer pays, but i cannot find how to leave feed back on Amazon.
The only way i can find to do it is to view feedback left for me from the buyer and then respond to it.
I've been going round in circles but cannot find how to leave feed back first. Surely it's there somewhere :huh:
Errrr...come back later ;)

Comments

• Wesker wrote: »
    Hi all, i very rarely sell on Amazon but have sold a couple of things recently.
    I sell a fair bit on ebay and usually leave feedback as soon as the buyer pays, but i cannot find how to leave feed back on Amazon.
    The only way i can find to do it is to view feedback left for me from the buyer and then respond to it.
    I've been going round in circles but cannot find how to leave feed back first. Surely it's there somewhere :huh:

It is possible as I have seen it in my account in the past however can't for the life of me find how to do it now. Googling it finds this info page on how to do this on Amazon.com so if you follow this it should be the same. Most Amazon links are interchangeable (if this is the correct word) so simply replacing any url with .co.uk instead of .com or .de etc. would give the same info but for the relevant site but not the case with this one but give it a go http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200278900

Of course, I may have seen this in our .com account so not too sure :beer:
  • Wesker
    Wesker Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the reply johnnyboyrebel
    I have looked at the link
    4. On the right side of the resulting page, next to the buyer's name, click the "View Profile" link.
    This doesnt seem to be there on the UK page

5.At the bottom of the Order Details page you'll find a button to "Respond to Feedback."

Seems you can only leave feedback after feedback has been left for you :undecided
  • Wesker wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply johnnyboyrebel
    I have looked at the link
    4. On the right side of the resulting page, next to the buyer's name, click the "View Profile" link.
    This doesnt seem to be there on the UK page

5.At the bottom of the Order Details page you'll find a button to "Respond to Feedback."

Seems you can only leave feedback after feedback has been left for you :undecided

What interface do you have when looking at your seller account? Is it like:

this: http://www.linnworks.com/images/docs/AllImages/amazon_unified_account2.png

or this: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/02/rainier/help/SellerCentral_Seamless_Home_page4.jpg

(dont worry, these are both screenshots from google so freely available, not mine!)

If the first one then that is the 'new' look ie. a seller central account (but not necessarily as could be marketplace, dont get me started on that) so if the first one then the .com instructions should be correct as they will relate to the newest looking account. If second one then that may be why you cant see it as it will be somewhere else (I doubt you have the second look as i think it is phased out now, depends how old your account is)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It is extremely rare for a seller to leave feedback for a buyer- it is not expected as it serves no purpose on Amazon since we can't block any sort of bidders at all.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Wesker
    If second one then that may be why you cant see it as it will be somewhere else (I doubt you have the second look as i think it is phased out now, depends how old your account is)

Errr i have the second one :o nearly as old as me lol :p
  • k9387
    k9387 Posts: 144 Forumite
    It isn't nealy as 'important' as it is on eBay, doesn't count towards the rating.
    Seller Feedback for Buyers

All sellers may leave feedback for their buyers. However, Amazon does not use seller feedback to evaluate buyers. This functionality may be useful if you want to see if previous sellers have had problems with a particular buyer or to help future sellers identify a difficult buyer.
    Viewing Amazon.co.uk Buyer Feedback

To view feedback left for a buyer, follow these steps:
    1. Start in your Seller Account.
    2. Under the Manage Your Orders heading, click the "View your orders"link.
    3. Locate the relevant order and click the "Order ID" link to view order details.
    5. On the buyer's Member Profile page, click on the "See all seller feedback" link. (The total number listed by the name is based on feedback received as a seller, so you'll want to click through even if the total number says 0.)
    6. When you click on this link you will see feedback left for the buyer.
    Leaving Amazon.co.uk Feedback for Buyers

You are welcome to leave feedback for your buyers but please do not feel compelled to leave feedback for all buyers. Most buyers do not read their feedback. To resolve transaction difficulties, contact your buyer directly.
    To leave feedback for your buyer:
    1. Go to your Seller Account.
    2. Under the Manage Your Orders heading, click the "View your orders"link.
    3. On the Your Marketplace Orders page, use the search to find your buyer's order.
    4. From the search results list, click the order ID.
    5. At the bottom of the Order Details page you'll find a button to "Respond to feedback".
    You can only leave feedback for orders placed less than 90 days ago.
  • Wesker
    k9387 wrote: »
    It isn't nealy as 'important' as it is on eBay, doesn't count towards the rating.

Thanks for the help guys, at least i know its not just me being thick lol :o
    I 'nearly' always leave feedback first on ebay, just thought Amazon would be similar. At least i know now. It took me a while to even work out how to leave feedback on Amazon, it's not exactly user friendly lol
  • According to posts on Amazon's selling forums they's stopped letting seller see and leave buyers feedback.
    (wasn't any point leaving feedback to say they'd paid quickly as you pay instantly when you order- but was useful for checking if they'd been left comments about trying it on /regularly claiming lost/damaged items / wanting refunds.
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family