Natwest Credit Card Reclaim

Hope someone can help....
I opened a Natwest credit card back in the late 90's and only realised in 2009 that I had been paying PPI, at this point I cancelled the policy. Where does this leave me with regards to making a claim?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    you cannot claim on insurance if you are no longer paying the premiums. It is effectively pay as you go. So, cancelling the policy cancels the cover.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thanks dunstonh for your reply :), I didn't explain myself very well :(. What I would like to know is if I am in a position to make a valid reclaim on PPI which I am sure I was missold. I didn't realise until 2009 that I have been paying this and at that point I cancelled the policy. So between 1998 and 2009 I had been paying PPI and hadn't realised just what I was paying for, only when I had a large balance on the card and was cheking through the statement and saw a large amount added on to the statement for ???? (PPI) did I question what it was and then cancelled.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Having PPI is not grounds for complaint. You have to have a reason for complaint to get your complaint upheld. What are your reasons for complaint?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I didn't realise that I had PPI until I transferred a large balance on to the card and when checking through the statement noticed a large debit of around £50.00. I knew I hadn't made any purchases using the card and so when I called the bank to question what this charge was, they told me it was for PPI. I immediately cancelled the policy, that was back in 2009. Pre 2009 the balance on the card was minimal or paid off at the end of the month so the charge wasn't that obvious. I have since closed the account and it was only when reading info. on this website have I started to wonder if I would have a valid case?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure